Vodia on Windows 32 bit problem

impiantitel

I don't think this has anything to do with the stability of the operating system. E.g. if you can log in to the PBX and navigate through the web interface the PBX service is running. 

The various timeouts can be confusing. The global setting how long a phone can physically ring is on a different (lower) layer of the PBX than e.g. the ring duration in the hunt group. If you are setting very big values, then you might experience weird behavior - keep in mind that the phone itself might have another timeout for the maximum ring duration.

hi,

of course, I have considered the internal timeout of the phone, I have considered the timeouts that I wrote above, and under equal conditions timeouts are not always read in the same way.
Sometimes it's enough to restart the Vodia service that everything seems to be fine.
Can a question, between a phone supplied by Vodia and one supplied by hand, change the reactions to the System timeouts mentioned?

Damiano

The thing is - it should never be necessary to restart the PBX service, except for software updates. The PBX is considered a 24/7 service, it must always work. Usually that is the case, also in Windows. Most installations use Windows 64, but 32 bit should make no difference except for very large installations where the memory gets more than a GB.

Are there any other timeouts affected? For example, does a service flag change its state automatically? All those timeouts are processed by the same underlying timeout mechanism - so if the service flags change than the overall timeout mechanism must be okay and there must be another problem with the specific timeout, usually a problem with the setup or, who knows, the firewall.

hi,

The biggest problem is the timing I wrote above on the 2 ring timeouts.
I'm doing some tests so I could format Vodia, reinstall it from scratch and I detect those problems.
You can test it yourself with phones supplied by Vodia and manually recorded phones and do some tests.
Then if the problem is only 32bit or even 64bit I can't tell you.

I'm just going to follow up on a problem I've encountered.

Damiano