3CX-PBX =>> VODIA-PBX EXT =>> PSTN (busy tones)

Musarano

Hi.

I have customers with 3CX-PBX registered to a Vodia-PBX Extension.

When an extension, registered under 3CX-PBX dial out to any PSTN or CELLphone, following the route to achieve this, which is :

3CX-PBX Extension to Vodia-PBX Dial Plan, the call just give busy tone or message that cannot go thru.  We have been trying to figure it out why is doing such.

Calls from PSTN/CELLphones thru Vodia-PBX Extension to 3CX-PBX extension, does work fine, and reach the end 3CX-PBX using VODIA as front.  Here im including logs FOR when the call wont go out,, and Vodia-PBX seems somehow unauthorizing this calls. (Perhaps, im missing something)

LOGS: 

[5] 23:35:33.404    PACK:    SIP Rx xxx.xxx.xxx.37:5060:
INVITE sip:787xxxxxxx@vodiaserver:5060 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP xxx.xxx.xxx.37:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-524287-1---cb4f5e5ecd96ff77;rport
Max-Forwards: 70
To: <sip:787xxxxxxx@vodiaserver:5060>
From: "1787xxxxx00"<sip:1787xxxxx00@vodiaserver:5060>;tag=ff841e65
Call-ID: 7D7XJvdt0rso98dxPHpvpg..
CSeq: 1 INVITE
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, REFER, INFO, MESSAGE, UPDATE
Content-Type: application/sdp
Supported: replaces, timer
User-Agent: 3CXPhoneSystem 16.0.0.1581 (1581)
Remote-Party-ID: "1787xxxxx00"<sip:1787xxxxx00@vodiaserver:5060>;party=calling
Content-Length: 288

v=0
o=3cxPS 10777037333594112 20496333810958337 IN IP4 xxx.xxx.xxx.37
s=3cxPS Audio call
c=IN IP4 xxx.xxx.xxx.37
t=0 0
m=audio 9342 RTP/AVP 0 8 18 101
a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000
a=fmtp:18 annexb=no
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
a=sendrecv
[6] 23:35:33.404    MEDI:    Port 126: Allocating port for SIP Call-ID 7D7XJvdt0rso98dxPHpvpg..
[7] 23:35:33.405    MEDI:    126: SRTP tx keys: ixj/5ztTLQVlip9UIa6crgu/4ZmDoo2TtkJY7Mjm 9C36CB0E
[8] 23:35:33.405    TRUN:    Could not find a trunk (1 trunks)
[9] 23:35:33.405    SIP:    Resolve 44968: aaaa udp xxx.xxx.xxx.37 5060
[9] 23:35:33.405    SIP:    Resolve 44968: a udp xxx.xxx.xxx.37 5060
[9] 23:35:33.405    SIP:    Resolve 44968: udp xxx.xxx.xxx.37 5060
[9] 23:35:33.406    GENE:    UDP (IPv4): Opening socket on 0.0.0.0:16168
[9] 23:35:33.406    GENE:    UDP (IPv4): Opening socket on 0.0.0.0:16169
[9] 23:35:33.406    GENE:    UDP (IPv6): Opening socket on [::]:16168
[9] 23:35:33.406    GENE:    UDP (IPv6): Opening socket on [::]:16169
[7] 23:35:33.406    MEDI:    Port 126: Allocated ports 16168 and 16169
[5] 23:35:33.406    GENE:    Received incoming call without trunk information and user has not been found
[5] 23:35:33.406    PACK:    SIP Tx xxx.xxx.xxx.37:5060:
SIP/2.0 100 Trying
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP xxx.xxx.xxx.37:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-524287-1---cb4f5e5ecd96ff77;rport=5060
From: "1787xxxxx00" <sip:1787xxxxx00@vodiaserver:5060>;tag=ff841e65
To: <sip:787xxxxxxx@vodiaserver:5060>;tag=17b336e9f3
Content-Length: 0

[9] 23:35:33.406    SIP:    Resolve 44969: aaaa udp xxx.xxx.xxx.37 5060
[9] 23:35:33.406    SIP:    Resolve 44969: a udp xxx.xxx.xxx.37 5060
[9] 23:35:33.406    SIP:    Resolve 44969: udp xxx.xxx.xxx.37 5060
[5] 23:35:33.406    PACK:    SIP Tx xxx.xxx.xxx.37:5060:
SIP/2.0 401 Authentication Required
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP xxx.xxx.xxx.37:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-524287-1---cb4f5e5ecd96ff77;rport=5060
From: "1787xxxxx00" <sip:1787xxxxx00@vodiaserver:5060>;tag=ff841e65
To: <sip:787xxxxxxx@vodiaserver:5060>;tag=mrikppojw1
User-Agent: Vodia-PBX/63.0.1
WWW-Authenticate: Digest realm="",nonce="d115aea06ce7ae170b63f81578054797",domain="sip:787xxxxxxx@vodiaserver:5060",algorithm=MD5

[5] 23:35:33.407    PACK:    SIP Rx xxx.xxx.xxx.37:5060:
ACK sip:787xxxxxxx@vodiaserver:5060 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP xxx.xxx.xxx.37:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-524287-1---cb4f5e5ecd96ff77;rport
Max-Forwards: 70
To: <sip:787xxxxxxx@vodiaserver:5060>;tag=mrikppojw1
From: "1787xxxxx00"<sip:1787xxxxx00@vodiaserver:5060>;tag=ff841e65
CSeq: 1 ACK

Hope this helps.

-M

If you register as extension, the "From" header has to use the exact account number. The PBX does not perform any re-formatting of numbers - if you enter 6173998147 for example, it will reformat it internally as +16173998147. So you should try to use that +-number or just use a number like 435s2w38 which cannot be misinterpreted as DID.

Hi.  Understood.

Let me explaing a little better as i can.

I been using Vodia-PBX as a small Softswitch.  I have couple of UCMs (GS-PBX) attached(Registered) to VodiaPBX as extensions.

They work fine.  But i have a customer that have several offices that uses 3CX-PBX for years, and would like to join our services (due to reduce their current monthly bill),  but, its been hard to make their 3CXPBX to sucessfule dial outbound from their far end extensions attached to the 3CXPBX.  It works fine backwards, their extension get the call from outside.  So this is basically what is going on.

Theyre just making a new trunk out as they do to attach them selves to any other provider, but as soon trying to achieve the same with us, it gives that error.

I will go ahead and reply them with your last comments about it, and expect a feed back soon.

Meanwhile, is this can help you understand what im trying to achieve, glad it will :)  English not my first lang. 

Thanks again.. very much. 

3 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

If you register as extension, the "From" header has to use the exact account number. The PBX does not perform any re-formatting of numbers - if you enter 6173998147 for example, it will reformat it internally as +16173998147. So you should try to use that +-number or just use a number like 435s2w38 which cannot be misinterpreted as DID.

They did that, trying with 1 and without 1 to dial when we conducted tests.. and endedup the same.. I havent try yet: the setting in Trunk where say:   Trunk may terminate calls for remote systems  -dont know if this move will cause any difference.

Hope this helps.

Yes no problem the PBX is a great soft switch 😆. From the 3CX system is just like any other VoIP extension - it has to register and it has to answer challenges for outbound calls. In the log above the "Received incoming call without trunk information and user has not been found" is the problem. It is okay that the trunk was not found (this is not a trunk from the PBX point of view) but the user must be found. Try to use a name like "trunk123" in the account name, then this should be working with no problems.

There is no need to terminate calls for remote systems - for the PBX this is a simple call from an extension to a trunk.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2019 at 2:25 PM, Vodia PBX said:

Yes no problem the PBX is a great soft switch 😆. From the 3CX system is just like any other VoIP extension - it has to register and it has to answer challenges for outbound calls. In the log above the "Received incoming call without trunk information and user has not been found" is the problem. It is okay that the trunk was not found (this is not a trunk from the PBX point of view) but the user must be found. Try to use a name like "trunk123" in the account name, then this should be working with no problems.

There is no need to terminate calls for remote systems - for the PBX this is a simple call from an extension to a trunk.

Hi!

This is finally working, is dialing out, BUT, the outbound callerID is using the same: " From User: ID at 3CX" , instead of the CID set for the extension in 3CXPBX farend PBX

I know this is not the 3CX Forum, but is it possible to know, if this is something that could be handle at VodiaPBX trunk Setting?

Thank You

-M

There is a setting that tells the PBX to keep the From-header untouched (in the domain settings dom_settings.htm). Setting it to "no" might solve your problem. The other possibility would be to assign all possible DID/ANI to the extension I believe the PBX will then try to keep the right one when passing the call on.

image.png

Thank You, i will def. try that up.

The reason for trying to avoid the second option or suggestion, is because, my customer uses CID at several extension with different CID for each, acting as several business offices from the same 3CXPBX.. 

I personaly use some grandstreams and they do work fine, even without using the From User: and only using the From Domain, but 3CXPBX doesnt seem to have that option or feature.. AFAIK or we know.

I will be trying with that friend customer's 3cxpbx call and see if coming out without the +extension and keep you posted.

Thank You

-M

Listing all the possible numbers is not completely unreasonable - it makes sure that the PBX presents only numbers that are known. Many SIP trunk providers do that, so that they don't have to worry about SPAM calls from customers. The flag in the screenshot above actually controls weather the PBX will rewrite the From-Header to the first account identity or the one that was presented. 

If you want to keep the from header the other option would be to do a trunk-to-trunk routing where there are no extensions involved. This would be similar to connecting branch offices, see https://doc.vodia.com/trunk_branches.

• 1 month later...

Hi !

That solution above, after reviewing it, will be adding much more efforts to what we are looking for.

We are trying to make it as simpler as possible.  This bellow:

Additional Notes for 63.0.4

Transfer Caller-ID: When there were multiple devices ringing in an attended transfer, the caller-ID was not updated on all devices if the B-party completed the transfer before any of the parties picked the call up.

Additional Trunk ANI options. We have added more options for the Trunk ANI, so that the ANI of an extension calling a cell phone can be displayed.

This abobe:  will it means that perhaps what we are trying to achieve, might be possible?

Scenario: Registering a 3CXPBX Trunk/Gateway/etc. to the VODIAPBX Extension and passing the Output CallerID been sent from 3CXPBX to the final Cell/Phone Number, without loosing that 3CXPBX output CallerID ?

We need this really bad.  But without using Trunk/Trunk

Thank You again.

Hi

Is this is what you are referring to?

From/To Headers

• Change names in To/From-headers: Usually it is okay if the system changes the names in the To/From headers in the SIP packets. For example, this makes sense when the address book matches the caller-ID and the system should present the address book entry. However, if the system is used as a SIP device in an operator environment, you may want to make sure that the system does not change headers. In such cases, this setting should be set to No.

That i should use NO ?????

Thank You

-M

HI again,

Sadly after trying all kind of combinations (as we can think of), we are still unable to send receive a call originated from a 3CX Extension with a CID set, and that CID is not showing or reflecting into the far end CellPhone, when is registered and passing thorough VodiaPBX.  This has only worked, if we manually feed VodiaPBX extension+ANI with the CID that the far end extension have at the other side.  But of coarse, this will require much more configuration at VodiaPBX to achieve this.

Will be possible for you, to send us or show us a couple of PrintScreens with the Trunk and Extension Configurations, so we can apply it to this situation?

Thank You

-M

• 1 year later...

Hi !

Its been quite awhile...  The need arise again, with one of the customers.

He have 3CX but im hosting him with VODIA.

He also have voip.ms as a trunk/gateway provider.

He have CID for several Extensions in his 3cx config., but for those, when he dialout and using different rules,

guess what?

voipms makes the call without any issues. Vodia is giving the the error, but still i dont know, where are how to change in Vodia to allow 3cx to get to Vodia and make the call too.

It will be very much helpful to be able to achieve this, please?

Thank You

-M

Hi!

Kind of lost here.  Let me describe the scenario quickly and briefly.

1. 3cxpbx with extensions with different caller-id in some of them (not at the siptrunk)

2. VODIA is registered with the only Trunk created to external provider, as Sip-Proxy inbound/outbound, and shared globaly.

Then, when 1 calls to an external CEL #, it gets the 401 error. 

But customers that also have their PBX like grandstreamPBX, the calls goes out fine, as well the ones that are made from withing VODIA itself.

But we need 1 to be able to dialout to PSTN or CELL for this or other customers that can use or need to use it.

Yes, i had seem the examples suggested.  But it seems that is really to make calls between the peers.

Am been trying to find out, what is different from 3cx and GS UCMS's that behaves different in VODIA.

And believe me, i LOVE VODIAPBX!, but i need to make this other work the same as with others when they try to call and get it succesfull.  

Any other guidance in additional, would be really appreciated, even if i have to create another or second Trunk

Thank You!

• 1 year later...

are you using the vodia PBX to handle out going calls from the 3CX system? 

We have a number of 3CX pbx's and would love to be able to use our Vodia system to handle the outgoing calls, I can register an extension from Vodia as a sip trunk but it will not pass calls just gives an error 

Any help would be gratefully received

Hi!

Yes i do.

im using it to control the call-flow to limit 3CX server calls in or out.  But, as soon you use 3CX local outbound CID, either VodiaPBX blocks the calls with busy tones, or perhaps 3CXPBX is sending Headers in a non std order or so.. and when you manage vodia to let pass the call, only the local 3CXPBX account or extension ID is passed instead of the CID which is also found in headers. 

I havent tried the scenario after last Vodia Update yet.  It didnt mentioned something that could reffer to this situation.

**** This post doesnt need to be visible at the forum either, its your choice if you do.  You can erase this line if you decide the contrary. ****

Hope this helps.

-M