Rewriting inbound caller IDs?

cwernstedt

---------------------------------------- Part 1: regarding your reply----------------------------------------

You can set the contact header explicitly for the trunk to the E164-formatted number—would that solve the problem in all cases (and set the number interpretation for the trunk to E164)?

I know how to change the number interpretation for the trunk ("rewrite global numbers"). But I do not know how I can set the contact header explicitly to E164 format. Can you please advice how to do that? If this would be a setting we have to change on the easybell side, that is not possible, as there is no corresponindg setting on theire side.

I tried to set "contact header value" to "{to}" on the trunk settings. But that did not help.

The alternative would be to have the PBX look at the To-header, and not the Request-URI for an incoming call

Please also advice how to do that.

---------------------------------------- Part 2: general ----------------------------------------

In the easybell trunk I configured "rewrite global numbers" to "E.164 (without leading +)". The TO is correct "0711-xxxxxxx"  but now the FROM is wrong "00-0153xxxxxx".

If I change it to "Use + symbol at beginning" or "For Row", the TO is wrong "0711-49711xxxx" but now the FROM is correct "01538-123xxxx".

So depending of the trunk setting, one is always correct but the corresponding other value is always wrong. I can not manage to get both numbers recognized correctly by Vodia.

As in my previous post, here is how easybell announces the call on a Trunk that has multiple numbers:

INVITE sip:49711xxxx@yy.yy.yy.yy:49326;transport=tls;line=xxxx SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/TLS zz.zz.zz.zz:5061;branch=xxxx;rport
To: <sip:49711xxxx@sip.easybell.de>
CSeq: xxxx INVITE
Call-ID: xxxxx
Max-Forwards: 68
Allow: INVITE,ACK,BYE,CANCEL,OPTIONS,PRACK
Supported: histinfo,from-change
Content-Type: application/sdp
Content-Length: 555
Contact: <sip:2D7xxx-xxxx-xxxx@yy.yy.yyy.yy:5061;transport=tls>

BUT a Trunk that has only one number assigned from easybell (also a trunk but other product) is announced like that:

SIP/2.0 183 Session Progress
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP yy.yy.yy.yy;branch=xxxx;rport=5060
To: <sip:0049711xxxx@sip.easybell.de>;tag=xxxx
Call-ID: xxxxx
CSeq: 157 INVITE
Supported: 100rel, replaces, norefersub
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, BYE, REFER, PRACK, INFO, UPDATE
Allow-Events: refer
Accept: application/sdp
User-Agent: Vodia-PBX/66.0.7
Content-Type: application/sdp
Content-Length: 204

In this case however both the TO and FROM are recognized correctly by Vodia with the current trunk template. Note how easybell formats the TO in a different way.

So I would appreciate, if you could modify the template in a way that both variants (trunk with multipe numbers and trunk with single number) would work, as we have different trunks form easybell (multi- and single numbers).

If you need any other information to modify the template, feel free to ask. I am happy to help.

What you can do is for the single number account just assign in the trunk settings where to send the call to a specific account:

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 8.21.11 AM.png

For the multiple account trunk, in Germany usually you can just look for a prefix:

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 8.21.44 AM.png

For example if you have number 0305550..0305559 you could use 555 as the prefix and then assign 0..9 to your extensions and accounts.

We'll make an update for easy bell so that this weird 00 or not behavior automatically gets resolved.

Ok thank you, the prefix search is the way we already do it.

Its' just in the system mails (e.g. voice mail) the users see the wrong formated numbers. But if you are going to modify it with a trunk template update, that is highly apreciated! Thank you. Are there any ETAs for the update? I can also test it upfront, if needed.

If you like, try the latest 66.0.7 build this should include a new setup for easybell. You'll have to set up a new trunk though. 

Tested with version 66.0.7 build Jan 25 2021. Works perfectly, for both type of easybell trunks now!

Thank you very much for your fast support 👍