Transfer to voicemail

Parks

Does anyone know how to transfer a call straight to voicemail if the user is already on a call. One of our clients has asked and don't see it in the feature list in the domain settings. Thanks for the help.

P.S. If this isn't possible we really could use this... Also would like to have a section that we can post a wish list of sort.

Does anyone know how to transfer a call straight to voicemail if the user is already on a call. One of our clients has asked and don't see it in the feature list in the domain settings. Thanks for the help.

P.S. If this isn't possible we really could use this... Also would like to have a section that we can post a wish list of sort.

Well, you can set the "lines" parameter of the extension to "1". That means there is only one call going to that extension at a time.

Well that wouldn't work because users with DIDs could have another call come in. I am thinking when a call comes in to the main number and the receptionist sees the person is on the phone rather than sending the calls so it rings it caould be transfered to their voicemail automatically. This is a feature that most companies are use to having coming from their own internal PBX. We have some clients asking about this now that we switch over from our own home grown hosted solution which had this feature.

I think many other would agree this is something that should be added in the next release.

Well that wouldn't work because users with DIDs could have another call come in. I am thinking when a call comes in to the main number and the receptionist sees the person is on the phone rather than sending the calls so it rings it caould be transfered to their voicemail automatically. This is a feature that most companies are use to having coming from their own internal PBX. We have some clients asking about this now that we switch over from our own home grown hosted solution which had this feature.

I think many other would agree this is something that should be added in the next release.

I the receptionist answers the call then all she has to do is press the "Transfer" button, dial 8 + the extension number.

This will send the caller directly to the mail box.

Bill H