v68.0.2 - Fax to Extension Broke

mskenderian

After upgrading the v68.0.2, we can no longer fax to local ext. previous versions this was working.

Attempting to fax, shows the cancel button, the progress % does not show. inspecting the network calls, does show that it sent the API call and we get back callid. Inspecting the tenants call logs. it does show the call was sent, but no action has been taken.

image.thumb.png.48fed36f077fe71eb68648c0c4ffaa04.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am on version v68.0.12 and the issue is still there, here are my findings:

1. We trying to send fax internally (Extension to Extension) nothing happens.

2. When sent to DDI number attached to the extension, the fax seems to go and a FAX send report is received in my admin account (correct attachment included), but no email is sent to the email address attached to the FAX extension.

3. Receiving a FAX from an external number is received fine and sent to the correct email address.

On 3/24/2022 at 3:03 AM, jawaid said:

1. We trying to send fax internally (Extension to Extension) nothing happens.

Because the transmission happens over the wire, an internal FAX would not work this way. We could instead just put it into the recipient mailbox. Is that a use case that happens in a typical scenario? Or is this just for testing?

On 3/24/2022 at 3:03 AM, jawaid said:

2. When sent to DDI number attached to the extension, the fax seems to go and a FAX send report is received in my admin account (correct attachment included), but no email is sent to the email address attached to the FAX extension.

Hmm, the PBX does not send FAX to the admin. Are the email addresses related and could cause a mix-up?