Vodia Phone IOS app volume is very low

RichardDCG

The app itself does not change the volume, it is in and out. Either the incoming stream is very low or some setting on the iPhone is not right. I would call something like the time service to see if the incoming volume could be the problem. I guess you already checked the volume settings on the iPhone and tried making a call through GSM if the audio generally works. 

Probably should. A lot of people do use their speaker phones, it is a reason why one of our clients is looking at other options.  It would be nice to have a suite of products that can be packaged together as a complete solution. The app is good … except for the speakerphone volume.  It is significantly lower than other soft phone options.

….. that and the fact you can’t unregister it once you connect it.  But that is in another post.

• 2 weeks later...

We have just released a new version 1.14 into the App Store that has some automatic gain control for the speaker phone. Seems like that is what everyone is doing, though IMHO it would be better if the iOS audio subsystem takes are about this. But it seems it tries to stay out of it, and we'll have to do something. The AGC in 1.14 is not very aggressive, so if the levels are really very low it cannot turn that into a great audio experience any more but at least users should be able to hear what is being said.

The 1.15 is in the Apple App review pipeline. Because of Thanksgiving it might take longer than usual.

The display shows numbers in a canonical format. For example in the US, when you enter 6173998147 it would show (617) 399-8147 or in Germany a 03055578992 would appear as 030 55578992. Would the leading 0 be unexpected?

The other thing to pay attention to now would be copy & paste of phone numbers into the dial screen, because many web pages use special characters like parentheses, dots, dashes and spaces to format the number. 

these issues were all highlighted in beta testing and it was still pushed into production.  For us, we are being judged against 3CX and other hosted PBX vendors that have a pretty good product with desktop and mobile apps that work.  

Vodia has the apps and the platform, but is rushing out an unfinished product.  It's not a good look.  I like Vodia, on the most part it works well, but appearance and functionality of the apps on offer go a long way with how potential clients will take it.  If the front end is messy they don't care what the backend does.

At the moment, if someone has updated to 1.14 how do they revert to previous?  1.14 is unusable here.

The 1.15 version was just approved in the App Store. It took longer than usual because of the US holidays, we had a bad timing... This will not be the last version, but should be one that end users can use productively. It was surprising that the transfer button problem did not create a crash report, then this would have been found earlier.

Looking at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_Australia the 12345 would be an actual number? If you dial for example a mobile phone number would would actually expect the 0 in the front? The whole idea about putting the number into the format is to tell the user how the PBX would understand the number and to make it better readable with spaces as separators.

12345 was just to illustrate the leading 0 after 4 digits.  If I dial a mobile number (or any number with a leading 0) then it doesn't add another, any other number (local or anything beyond 4 digits then a 0 is placed in front.  Funnily enough I have used a phone before and this is sufficiently odd that it prompted me to comment.  This has only developed with the current version and I believe was identified during the build ...

below was a comment to me when I mentioned it during the testing.

"The 0 problem was already found and hopefully solved." 

inbound calls also present an additional 0...  (below is 0612 xxxx xxxx)  

image.png.3a8d84311b07b4319dd2cd4bf455a427.png

is this a setting that I have inadvertently set on our mobile phone apps?  Al I have tested do this, place a leading 0 on numbers I dial over 4 digits long, unless the number already has one (mobile phones and national calls).  Its like it needs to have a 0 to make a call.  Calls connect in and out so functionality isn't impacted, just the odd and confusing display.

V68.0.5.beta fixes the ability to stop the mobile app from ringing ... is there a production firmware that I can test that incorporates this feature?

Are we the only ones experiencing this on iPhones?  If so, what config have I inadvertently set?

If I dial 1234 it shows on screen as 1234

If I dial 12345 it shows on screen as 012345

If I dial a local number XXXXXXXX it shows on screen as 0XXXXXXXX

If I dial a mobile or national call that has a leading 0 it shows on screen as the correct number, no additional 0

Inbound calls show a leading 0