Changing domains/tenants on the android app

peter sutcliffe

If you change only the host server but use the same PBX tenant, nothing needs to change on the app if you have used a DNS address and that DNS address points to the new host.

If you want to use the app on a different tenant and the new PBX has been properly set up, the app should be able to scan the new QR code and work as intended. The app should de-register on the old PBX, however it seems that there are many cases where that fails. Please double check if there is a APP registration in the old PBX (without expiration) and delete it if it is still there. Alternatively, you can delete the extension which also deletes the app wakeup token associated with the extension.

Thanks for the reply. I dont have access to the original tenancy to check for app registration. The client has uninstalled the app and reinstalled, but it retains the old settings.

DNS is still in place for the old host, I might ask them to remove the DNS entry and see if that breaks the app to make it ask for a new QR code.

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy. The extension numbers are the same, but the tenant has moved hosts via TAR file. Originally it was a subscription service through my SIP provider but they are no longer adding new tenants and are encouraging existing tenants to move to a new platform.

I had Rupert here in Australia setup the new host in AWS, received the TAR file implemented that, and entered the trunk details. Box works with autoprovisioning using RPS for the handsets, but the app remains unresponsive. He can open the app, scan the QR and it goes back to the start page.

Might be important, but I can't download the QR codes from the extension drop down menu, I was able to get the codes from the user portal. Tried these but still not working.

Pulling the tar will not delete the wakeup registrations. This makes sense because it might really just be a backup. Then when you restore it, there will be new registrations. There is not much we can automatically do about it. We have added something in the latest (unreleased) version where you can at least see all the wakeup registrations on one page, which will make the management easier. Right now, the only clean way is to go through the extensions registrations tabs and clean up the app registrations. IMHO it should also be possible to use grep to speed up the search so that you don't have to click through every extension. Maybe someone can write a script that lists the wakeup registrations (see https://doc.vodia.com/docs/shellscripts).

I found a workaround for this user. I used a QR scanner on the new QR and it is corrupt. So I scanned the QR from the original PBX instance, copied the text URL, replaced the domain target with the new host URL and generated a new QR code with a local app and sent it to the client and it worked.

Was speaking with the original host this morning and they have upgraded from Software version 66.0.2 (CentOS64) and are unable to generate QR codes now they are on Software version 68.0.2 (CentOS64), so this might be something to look into given the utility of the Vodia App.

Thanks for your input,