Transfer from Hunt Group to Agent Group problems

Michael

I have a doctor's office that is having a very annoying problem with Agent Groups that can be reproduced every time. A call comes in from the PSTN into a ring group (the front desk area). Someone answers the phone and then they want to transfer the call to the Agent Group for the optical department (3 phones in the group). Two problems happen:

1. The customer hears dead air instead of on hold music when the call is transferred until someone in the optical department answers.

2. Once the call is answered by the optical department the other 2 phones continue to ring until someone picks them up (they hear dead air) and hangs them back up.

This happens 100% of the time and can be easily reproduced. This can also be reproduced by having a ring group that's final stage is to go to an Agent Group however the caller hears the on hold music like they should.

If you call the Agent Group directly from any extension directly it works correctly. It has something to do with being in a hunt group first from what I can tell.

I have a doctor's office that is having a very annoying problem with Agent Groups that can be reproduced every time. A call comes in from the PSTN into a ring group (the front desk area). Someone answers the phone and then they want to transfer the call to the Agent Group for the optical department (3 phones in the group). Two problems happen:

1. The customer hears dead air instead of on hold music when the call is transferred until someone in the optical department answers.

2. Once the call is answered by the optical department the other 2 phones continue to ring until someone picks them up (they hear dead air) and hangs them back up.

This happens 100% of the time and can be easily reproduced. This can also be reproduced by having a ring group that's final stage is to go to an Agent Group however the caller hears the on hold music like they should.

If you call the Agent Group directly from any extension directly it works correctly. It has something to do with being in a hunt group first from what I can tell.

What kind of transfer is this? I guess attended transfer? The blind transfer should work and IMHO is a good workaround (because the agent group will always take care of the call).

The attended transfer is very tricky as we have to transfer the media state as well. We already had problems with conference and regular calls (which should be solved), and we now need to look into agent groups as well.

• 2 weeks later...
What kind of transfer is this? I guess attended transfer? The blind transfer should work and IMHO is a good workaround (because the agent group will always take care of the call).

The attended transfer is very tricky as we have to transfer the media state as well. We already had problems with conference and regular calls (which should be solved), and we now need to look into agent groups as well.

OK, I verified that the transfer works perfectly when done as an unattended transfer but not as an attendant transfer. However, on an Aastra phone, when hitting transfer and then a BLF/speed dial, even though it immediately transfers the call, the phone must be doing an attendant transfer because it still has the problem. While the behavior of the BLF/speed dial transfer is a flaw in the Aastra firmware it really shouldn't matter because you should be able to do it either way.

Any idea on when this will be fixed? 3.1?

OK, I verified that the transfer works perfectly when done as an unattended transfer but not as an attendant transfer. However, on an Aastra phone, when hitting transfer and then a BLF/speed dial, even though it immediately transfers the call, the phone must be doing an attendant transfer because it still has the problem. While the behavior of the BLF/speed dial transfer is a flaw in the Aastra firmware it really shouldn't matter because you should be able to do it either way.

Any idea on when this will be fixed? 3.1?

Well, we tried to fix it. But it raised so many questions that we postponed the fix to after 3.1. There is not only the agent group, you can practically transfer into anything (IVR nodes, hunt groups, and even paging groups using multicast). We need to clean something up under the hood, and now is bad timing for doing this.