Call Forward Busy Trouble

Bill H

When I set my extension to Call Forward Busy to my mailbox (8205) it does not work.

While the Call Forward Busy feature was activated, I placed a call on my extension (205) to an outside party.

During my conversation I had another extension user on our system call my extension 205.

That call rang on my phone instead of going to the Voice Mail (8205) as set in Call Forward Busy.

No other forwarding has been set for my extension.

We are using Version 3.0.0.2998 (Win32).

Is this a bug or am I missing a setting elsewhere?

Bill H

When I set my extension to Call Forward Busy to my mailbox (8205) it does not work.

While the Call Forward Busy feature was activated, I placed a call on my extension (205) to an outside party.

During my conversation I had another extension user on our system call my extension 205.

That call rang on my phone instead of going to the Voice Mail (8205) as set in Call Forward Busy.

No other forwarding has been set for my extension.

We are using Version 3.0.0.2998 (Win32).

Is this a bug or am I missing a setting elsewhere?

Well, by default you have many "lines" to your phone. When another call comes in the phone is technically not busy, it has just another call waiting. If you want to be busy, consider setting the number if "lines" in the extension/registration setting to "1". Then the PBX will not try to call the phone and generate a call waiting.

Well, by default you have many "lines" to your phone. When another call comes in the phone is technically not busy, it has just another call waiting. If you want to be busy, consider setting the number if "lines" in the extension/registration setting to "1". Then the PBX will not try to call the phone and generate a call waiting.

OK Thanks for the input.

Reducing the phone to only 1 line would not work for the extension user.

But that brought to light that this is a "Call Waiting" issue.

I did discover that the Aastra 57i phone has a setting for "Call Waiting" Enable or Disable.

I Disabled it, in the Aastra, and now the PBXNSIP "Call Forward Whne Busy" works properly.

Thanks again.

Bill H