ADDRESS KEEPS CHANGING

Friedom-Tech

I KEEP HAVING THIS MESSAGE COMING UP IN THE LOG...IS THIS SOMETHING TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT?

Source address for sip:211@localhost has changed to tcp:10.0.10.111:34300

If it happens every couple of minutes: Yes, either your refresh time for NAT is too long or you just have a router there that is not suitable for VoIP.

If it happens once per day: The carrier is rotating IP addresses. There is nothing that you can do apart from mailing them and asking them when you can have a IPv6 address...

If it happens every couple of minutes: Yes, either your refresh time for NAT is too long or you just have a router there that is not suitable for VoIP.

If it happens once per day: The carrier is rotating IP addresses. There is nothing that you can do apart from mailing them and asking them when you can have a IPv6 address...

ok but i have the following questions:

1) it happens all day to different extensions...or every time i reboot the server.

2) what do you mean by "the carrier is rotating IP addresses"?

3) we have a static public ip address and the phones get their local IP using windows DHCP server with option 66 on the phone server?

4) right now the internet access is coming into the phone server through a SonicWall router, but the phone calls are going out using a PRI card from Sangoma. do you think it would make life simpler to just switch out the sonicwall for a basic Linksys router?

please advise

Thank you;

1) it happens all day to different extensions...or every time i reboot the server.

Okay...

2) what do you mean by "the carrier is rotating IP addresses"?

Some service providers give you an IP address only for one day. This is because they just running out of IPv4 addresses. When they change the IP address there is a "hickup" in the network that would explain why you get the warning from the PBX.

3) we have a static public ip address and the phones get their local IP using windows DHCP server with option 66 on the phone server?

That is fine.

4) right now the internet access is coming into the phone server through a SonicWall router, but the phone calls are going out using a PRI card from Sangoma. do you think it would make life simpler to just switch out the sonicwall for a basic Linksys router?

I believe SonicWall is a pretty reliable device. So I would think that the refresh time is too short. Check your admin settings for "UDP NAT Refresh" and consider making it shorter. Also check the settings of the Firewall - the SonicWall has a lot of them and maybe there is a setting where you specify how long to keep a NAT binding alive.

• 5 months later...

i also have a customer who i keep getting emails every few minutes that the address was changed, and when i look in the details, all that changed is the port (a 5 digit number) and it keeps changing on all phones

what does the UDP NAT Refresh do?

i also have a customer who i keep getting emails every few minutes that the address was changed, and when i look in the details, all that changed is the port (a 5 digit number) and it keeps changing on all phones

what does the UDP NAT Refresh do?

That is a sign that the registration must be pretty instable. I would tend to change his router (at home or where ever the phone is). There are some routers that are just not suitable for VoIP.

Playing with the UDP duration will have a lot of side effects for all other users and if the problem affects just one user then I would not touch this setting.