CANNOT FIND REGISTRATION ERROR MESSAGE

Friedom-Tech

4] 2008/12/10 11:23:22: Cannot find registration 43bb7c46-68ac02db-4c0c2a34@10.0.10.59

[5] 2008/12/10 11:23:22: Registration 4bfa7cc5-a2ea5ca6-61b0a6bb@10.0.10.59 closed connection, removing it

What does this mean?

Basically, the UA(user agent) sent a "Remove Registration" request to the PBX, but PBX did not have a registration entry for the UA.

what is the user agent? the phone?

if yes why is it sending a remove request and why is the system not finding its registration?

Yes. User agent = phone.

Phones generally send the remove request if you perform a soft-restart on the phone.

System may not find the registration if the registration timeout has already expired for that phone.

Yes. User agent = phone.

Phones generally send the remove request if you perform a soft-restart on the phone.

System may not find the registration if the registration timeout has already expired for that phone.

I have the registration refresh at 60 seconds as i am using TCP i am not getting this error once i get it in blocks of around 20 lines!

is this an issue that needs to be fixed?

I have the registration refresh at 60 seconds as i am using TCP i am not getting this error once i get it in blocks of around 20 lines!

is this an issue that needs to be fixed?

No, not really neccessary to fix it. There are two parts in the PBX, a lower part doing the SIP work and an upper part, doing the application logic. It can happen that they get a little bit out of sync - for example the upper part responses to a registration request while the lower part already removed it. In such a case the lower part would complain that the registration parameters cannot be applied. Such a case gets more probably when the upper part takes a long time to process requests. I would only be concerned about this if the overall CPU load gets too high and the system is on the edge.