Need which device to set up VoIP system in my office?

madisu

Besides IP phone, which device do I need to buy to set up the system? Our company has 3 branch offices. I hope our system can support 100-200 users. And we can make 100 out-call at the same time.

You'll need a network that can carry VoIP traffic. For each call, that network must be able to transport 80 kbit/s in each direction of the call. Ideally, you set up MPLS connections between the PBX and the branch offices and run the phones in their own VLAN with priority set higher than the other VLAN. But there are also other possibilities. For example, you can just rent another Internet access for VoIP, so that you physically seperate the data and voice traffic. Just having a regular Internet connection that you share with other applications like email or www will result in a very bad call quality and overall frustration.

For the PSTN termination you'll need a PSTN gateway or a SIP service provider (SIP trunks). PSTN gateways are easy and safe. However, SIP trunk providers usually give you better rates and you don't have to run a PSTN cable into your office. Also, SIP trunks are usually better in detecting Caller-ID and hangup detection.

If you want to include analog devices, you also need to think about FXS gateways (usually called ATA). For example, FAX uses such devices. When you want to send FAX over the Internet, you must make sure that both the PSTN gateway and the ATA supports T.38. Otherwise, FAX will get stuck when a packet gets lost.

We also recommend to have some kind of network monitoring tool. In a setup with several hundred seats, you want to know what is going on. Otherwise, you will have a hard time getting the system working in a stable fashion and your users will send you bad emails (especially if they cannot call you).

You'll need a network that can carry VoIP traffic. For each call, that network must be able to transport 80 kbit/s in each direction of the call. Ideally, you set up MPLS connections between the PBX and the branch offices and run the phones in their own VLAN with priority set higher than the other VLAN. But there are also other possibilities. For example, you can just rent another Internet access for VoIP, so that you physically seperate the data and voice traffic. Just having a regular Internet connection that you share with other applications like email or www will result in a very bad call quality and overall frustration.

For the PSTN termination you'll need a PSTN gateway or a SIP service provider (SIP trunks). PSTN gateways are easy and safe. However, SIP trunk providers usually give you better rates and you don't have to run a PSTN cable into your office. Also, SIP trunks are usually better in detecting Caller-ID and hangup detection.

If you want to include analog devices, you also need to think about FXS gateways (usually called ATA). For example, FAX uses such devices. When you want to send FAX over the Internet, you must make sure that both the PSTN gateway and the ATA supports T.38. Otherwise, FAX will get stuck when a packet gets lost.

We also recommend to have some kind of network monitoring tool. In a setup with several hundred seats, you want to know what is going on. Otherwise, you will have a hard time getting the system working in a stable fashion and your users will send you bad emails (especially if they cannot call you).

You may also consider putting a PBX in each branch, and create trunks between the offices. Some other devices some installs need, is IP Intercoms and paging gateways. For paging or answering the door.

You should also make sure to use POE switches.

Besides IP phone, which device do I need to buy to set up the system? Our company has 3 branch offices. I hope our system can support 100-200 users. And we can make 100 out-call at the same time.

high speed internet router,ATA box(VOIP adapter)

for information pls visit : VOIP Homegizmograbber.com

but i think your vendor is in better position to suggest wat u need