Unable to Dial-out on SIP-Trunks

frederick

This could be easy, but I tried to check the config and still cannot find the reason why my outbound calls are always rejected by the pbx.

Inboud calls are OK.

I'm always getting this rejection in the logs:

[5] 2008/12/18 11:31:13: Dialplan Standard User: Match 915148793318@192.168.150.43 to <sip:15148793318@sip.domain.ca;user=phone> on trunk 15144480382

[5] 2008/12/18 11:31:13: INVITE Response: Terminate 61ce2f6c@pbx

Which config does this error points to?

Thanks again,

Frederick

This could be easy, but I tried to check the config and still cannot find the reason why my outbound calls are always rejected by the pbx.

Inboud calls are OK.

I'm always getting this rejection in the logs:

[5] 2008/12/18 11:31:13: Dialplan Standard User: Match 915148793318@192.168.150.43 to <sip:15148793318@sip.domain.ca;user=phone> on trunk 15144480382

[5] 2008/12/18 11:31:13: INVITE Response: Terminate 61ce2f6c@pbx

Which config does this error points to?

That means that the PBX does try to send the call on the trunk 15144480382. The trunk sends a response code that the call got rejected by the carrier (you can see that by the Call-ID which ends with @pbx). Turn SIP logging on and then you'll see the exact response from the carrier. Maybe something simple as a wrong password or the carrier does not like 11-digit numbers.

That means that the PBX does try to send the call on the trunk 15144480382. The trunk sends a response code that the call got rejected by the carrier (you can see that by the Call-ID which ends with @pbx). Turn SIP logging on and then you'll see the exact response from the carrier. Maybe something simple as a wrong password or the carrier does not like 11-digit numbers.

Thank you. With your idea, yes i see that my switch rejects the outbound calls, the reason is the "from field" being sent out by pbxnsip is with some additional numbers.

The Caller ID was added in the main number:

example:

sip.From == "<sip:1514448038243@sip.domain.ca>

In the ext.43, I see that Block outgoing caller-ID: is NO, then I changed this to YES, the from field becomes;

sip.From == "<sip:15144480382@sip.domain.ca>

That fix my issue.

But, my question now is that if this Block Outgoing Caller-ID is set to NO, why the ext. number was attached with the main number in the from field?

Thanks again.

Thank you. With your idea, yes i see that my switch rejects the outbound calls, the reason is the "from field" being sent out by pbxnsip is with some additional numbers.

The Caller ID was added in the main number:

example:

sip.From == "<sip:1514448038243@sip.domain.ca>

In the ext.43, I see that Block outgoing caller-ID: is NO, then I changed this to YES, the from field becomes;

sip.From == "<sip:15144480382@sip.domain.ca>

That fix my issue.

But, my question now is that if this Block Outgoing Caller-ID is set to NO, why the ext. number was attached with the main number in the from field?

Don't use "block Caller-ID" to get this working... Maybe you just have to fill the "Trunk ANI" field in the trunk and select in "Remote Party/Privacy Indication" something like "No Indication". You might also select the right "Rewrite global numbers" for your service provider.