V69 group config and apps

RichardDCG

In V69.0.3 (May 18 2023 16:54:03) Setting up a new Group: BLF view and pickup and BLF view only are both enabled - All accounts.  Is priority to view and pickup or will view only prevail? 

The Windows app also doesn't show the extension of the user in the top right anymore - sometimes handy to see your extension number?  Under the user icon on the Windows app what is --pbxaui#wallboard-- supposed to do (hangs the app on a blank screen)?  Under settings --usr_header#devices-- and lots of --pbxaui#-- options...  

Things we want in V68 (Service Flag management in Windows and Android app, Call recording destinations, changing ring tones in Windows app..) we are being told are available in V69 ... but it obviously isn't ready to go yet.  Will there still be improvements implemented into V68 or are all resources working on V69?

Hello RichardDCG,

Basically, the work on the V69 is only completed when the V70 appears. This is especially true for the apps, but there beyond the V70. Functions will be added and existing ones improved. 

You can quickly find out which number this extension has by clicking on the avatar in the top right-hand corner. Of course, the V68 will also receive improvements if they prove necessary (V68.0.30). This means we currently have the focus on both versions.

"BLF view and pickup and BLF view only", not everyone who is allowed to see information at the BLF should be allowed to act in every case. There is only the priority that "BLF view only" does not allow the pickup of calls.

On 5/19/2023 at 7:38 PM, Vodia Support EU said:

Basically, the work on the V69 is only completed when the V70 appears.

So V70 will be the production version?

You can quickly find out which number this extension has by clicking on the avatar in the top right-hand corner

yes, V68 has it listed there all the time (probably more my preference than anything else.

"BLF view and pickup and BLF view only"

These are both enabled by default on a new group setup.  Is the priority selection less or more secure?

1 minute ago, RichardDCG said:

So V70 will be the production version?

There is no version 70 right now and nobody is working on it. 69.0.4 is the next release version (the builds have been made except Windows which hopefully happens the week). Every version goes through a maturing process, and as you can see 68.0.30 went through a lot of steps. I don't even think that 69 will need that many versions to reach a similar or even better stability as 68. We have a few systems in production already using 69 because of some new features that are not available in 68. I would dare to say that the underlying platform is now even more stable and performant than 68, but we all understand it take a little while until everybody fully agrees.

On 5/19/2023 at 1:58 PM, RichardDCG said:

Under the user icon on the Windows app what is --pbxaui#wallboard-- supposed to do (hangs the app on a blank screen)?  Under settings --usr_header#devices-- and lots of --pbxaui#-- options...

V69.0.4 - there still look to be finishing touches made to the apps..

25 minutes ago, Vodia PBX said:

few systems in production already using 69 because of some new features that are not available in 68

We use queueing a lot in our configs, V69 requires a more expensive ext. to be a queue agent.  We will either need to justify the increase to those that need queues for reporting etc. or change them from using queues altogether.  Is there any documentation on what the additional extension costs will provide to the clients over what they currently have using the regular extension on V68?

14 hours ago, RichardDCG said:

V69.0.4 - there still look to be finishing touches made to the apps..

Please check if you previously have turned on your own dictionary. If you have a dict.json file in your PBX directory, just more it out of the way and restart the service. 

14 hours ago, RichardDCG said:

We use queueing a lot in our configs, V69 requires a more expensive ext. to be a queue agent.  We will either need to justify the increase to those that need queues for reporting etc. or change them from using queues altogether.  Is there any documentation on what the additional extension costs will provide to the clients over what they currently have using the regular extension on V68?

If you are paying the same price for all extension types, then the agent extension type is no exception. Only if you want to benefit from lower price extension types, you'll have to accept the agent model as well. 

6 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

you'll have to accept the agent model as well. 

that is fine, but we need to be able to explain to our clients the increase.  Why is the agent ext. more expensive .. what do you get for your money (beyond it being a requirement to be able to join a queue in V69)?  What queue improvments are there that we can justify the increase?  At the moment the queues dont look any different to the current in V68.  If a queue manager can do more report managment then we can sell that....

21 hours ago, RichardDCG said:

--pbxaui#wallboard--

I seem to get some data on a web browser - not in the Windows app (just a blank screen, the only way to recover is to quit the app and reopen).  However I am not sure what the data is trying to tell me in the browser ... I have a screen shot but there is a size limit on sending them to the forum.

Hello RichardDCG,

You asked about the agent extension.  It is because of the organisation. Not everyone uses the cue and still had to pay for this function. Now it is possible to use this function in a more targeted way and possibly save money in the process. So these changes will have very different effects. But at least I think it is fairer this way. Therefore, I think that a valid argument must be that those who do not need agents can pay less and call centers rather pay more and thus more fairness is created.

20 hours ago, Vodia Support EU said:

It is because of the organisation. Not everyone uses the cue and still had to pay for this function.

... the regular extension cost hasn't dropped, and this is the one I have been using.  A queue is not just for call centres.  The function is in the PBX whether you use it or not after all ..?

Hello RichardDCG,

Of course I agree with you. However, I also have to speak from a customer's point of view, also for other products that we need. I don't know anything that has become cheaper (especially) in the last few months. So if the Trent tends to go up a bit in the calculation here, that is due to the general situation with price developments. I also don't think that the whole thing should be based only on the quality and functions of the queue, but rather on the complete PBX. 

The main issue we have is that we have built a number of our tenants call flow based on the current extension options, and for the most part works well.  The problem we will have is explaining to tenants why their bill has gone up by 25% for no change in functionality.  Or rebuild them to not use queues at all. 

I have another thread with some issues in V69 in our lab setup and the Windows app ... I cant sell a half completed product for more money..

It seems we are surging ahead with ideas but not paying attention to the details.

One particular tenant has already raised some requests around queuing and reporting options (producing live reports as a downloadable file for internal review, creating reports based on specific criteria ..) as well as Windows App functionality.  I'm not sure how to explain to them that "no, we cant actually do that. But I can charge you more".

We have over the years constantly added features to the agent model. As far as I can see these are the differences between agents and regular extensions:

• Queues can play a hotchpotch of announcements to callers, send SMS to callers waiting
  • There are various statistics available for the performance of agents and queues, online and by emails
  • Call ratings from customers, and call categories from agents
  • A new wallboard for full screen display
  • Support for remote control of desktop phones (for superiors audio quality in call centers with professional headsets)
  • Condition-based inclusion of additional resources, agents have control over "logging in" to individual queues
  • Outbound calling from upload able call lists and other sources like missed calls
  • Virtual hold for long waiting times
  • Call position announcements and wait time estimates
  • Handling in inbound text messages with agents
  • Integration of mobile agents e.g. through condition based routing
  • Management features like call recordings and call log reviews
  • Automatic call recording and integration with third party call recording software (e.g. SIPREC)

... and more features will be added. 

All valid points, but we can do that in V68 with regular extensions.  I guess I am looking for the selling points V69 has over 68.  We need to sell the increase to those that are currently using queues.

The wallboard doesn't seem to work for me, the Windows app just shows a blank page and the web browser just shows some numbers with no references...

I dont see it as a big deal, it would of been nice if we had a promo period as far as pricing goes. I rather give more money and see things fixed, but I think thats the real issue. things dont get fixed and Vodia races to the next feature. Documentation is not good. support tickets takes months to get anywhere. Its the attention to detail that matters. Also know what the roadmap is or what issues are set to be fixed would be ideal.

I guess a large part of my gripe is the lack of notification. I stumbled across the increase.  Upgrading is generally the accepted process to keep up with security etc., given queues are a big part of our configurations and a 'queue agent ext.' is required, it is an impact to us - in either reconfiguration to remove the queues or explain to clients the reason for the increase.  If there are more queue options especially around call reporting then I can potentially sell that.  At the moment V69.0.4 is still an unfinished product and not ready for production, let alone something I can charge more for.

That being said, there are a few things I like so far, but they are not queue related so not relevant to this.

I totally agree. The lack of communication is a big problem. Specially when you are trying to build a business around their software. I don’t use Vodia for queues at all. I just use them for small simple PBX setups. My criteria for a Vodia system is either ATA devices, client doesn’t want SMS, client doesn’t want call recording. Client doesn’t want international calling.

I do see a lot of potential. That’s why I have stuck around. I look forward to v69 when it’s production ready.

I wish the front end was a separate install from the backend. That way we can add core features to the backend, until front end is ready. API first!