Redirection to cell phone doesn't work with a hunt group

James Mahood

Maybe the problem is not so much the cell phone, it is the redirection. The PBX probably presents the original caller-ID and the trunk provider rejects it.

That doesn't account for the case when I set no confirmation required. The mobile rings but the PBX does a forward so the other PBX extensions stop ringing. I would think if the call got rejected the mobile wouldn't ring at all.

I retested version 4.0.0.3211 with a stand alone trunk that isn't part of a PBXnSIP hosted environment. It seems that a billing system was answering the simultaneous call to the mobile which dropped the local extensions because they thought the call was complete. If this doesn't work for you be sure and do a Wireshark trace of SIP packets and look for a 200 after an INVITE before anyone answers the call and a CANCEL request before anyone has answered the call.

1. 1 to confirm works.

2. no confirmation works.

3. having the extension with the simultaneous ring as part of a hunt group works.