Mediatrix 1204

YMSL

PLEASE - URGENT

I have major problem with that gateway, and I really need help.

Mediatrix 1204 sip V5

DTMF is not working - income calls cannot dial extensions or anything else on AT or extensions, I have tried

InBand, outOfBandUsignRTP, outOfBandSignalingProtocol, SignalingProtocolDependent.

AllowDTMF is active.

Where should I be looking for?

What I do not get is that LinkSys SPA3102 is working just fine and Mediatrix that is "better" product is just runing me crazy.

Hi YMSL,

Try using outOfBandSignalingProtocol

but also set the following :

sipInteropDtmfTransportMethod to "1: infoDtmfRelay"

Mediatrix units use an old draft of SIP INFO by default. (aka Choudhuri)

Many thanks,

this worked - I am gratefull

Now, Caller ID is not passed to PBXnSIP , any idea why? All CID are showed like they were comming from the mediatrix registration (USER and Frendlly name) so my number!

many thanks

Dear YMSL,

The Mediatrix 1204 puts, by default, the CID detected on the analog side. If it doesn't detect ANY CallerID, it will default to the configured FriendlyName and Username.

There are three options :

You have configure the 1204 to seize the line before CallerID is detected (second ring), there are no CallerID on this line, the 1204 cannot detect the CallerID.

I know of one case where the 1204 was plugged into a very old PSTN switch that had a old CallerID standard. But it is very rare.

To check if the 1204 is configured to seize the line before the CallerID is detected, look at the fxoIfAnsweringDelayTable.

1. Make sure the fxoAnswerOnCallerIdDetectionEnable is Enable

2. Make sure the fxoPreAnswerDelay is high enough (8000 should be more then enough)

And last, try a regular phone to see if you get CallerID :)

Good luck !

Dear YMSL,

The Mediatrix 1204 puts, by default, the CID detected on the analog side. If it doesn't detect ANY CallerID, it will default to the configured FriendlyName and Username.

There are three options :

You have configure the 1204 to seize the line before CallerID is detected (second ring), there are no CallerID on this line, the 1204 cannot detect the CallerID.

I know of one case where the 1204 was plugged into a very old PSTN switch that had a old CallerID standard. But it is very rare.

To check if the 1204 is configured to seize the line before the CallerID is detected, look at the fxoIfAnsweringDelayTable.

1. Make sure the fxoAnswerOnCallerIdDetectionEnable is Enable

2. Make sure the fxoPreAnswerDelay is high enough (8000 should be more then enough)

And last, try a regular phone to see if you get CallerID :)

Good luck !

thanks for that information it is very valuable.

All lines that are in used were on a PSTN system before and didi displayed CID for all calls.

fxoAnswerOnCallerIdDetectionEnable is Enable

fxoPreAnswerDelay is at 8000

and still not getting anything.

any other idea?