Message waiting indicator

MichaelW

Since the upgrade to 3.1.2.3120, we have had an issue with the vm message indicator not shutting off. There are no new messages, even after a *99 the light will go off for a while then all of a sudden start blinking again, it makes everyone check their vm's over and over again.

Make sure that all user agents subscribe for the MWI event. The PBX tries to do a favor and send MWI also out if there is no subscription. But as soon as one registered device has a MWI subscription it sticks to the subscriptions. I guess this is a topic that we need to clean up (no more favors).

• 1 month later...
Make sure that all user agents subscribe for the MWI event. The PBX tries to do a favor and send MWI also out if there is no subscription. But as soon as one registered device has a MWI subscription it sticks to the subscriptions. I guess this is a topic that we need to clean up (no more favors).

I am not sure exactly what you mean by making sure all user agent subscribe to MWI event. This is an on-going question that all my users have seen, as well as myself. Is it a known problem? if so is there a resolution?

Thank!

I am not sure exactly what you mean by making sure all user agent subscribe to MWI event. This is an on-going question that all my users have seen, as well as myself. Is it a known problem? if so is there a resolution?

Are you doing plug and play on all phones? WHat version of the PBX? What phone model? What version on the phone?

Are you doing plug and play on all phones? WHat version of the PBX? What phone model? What version on the phone?

We are using SNOM 360's and 370's and yes plug and play or auto provisioning just put the mac address in the registration. We are on 3.1.2.3120

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Better don't use that version. Move to 3.2.

Will 3.2 resolve the MWI problem? Is it a known problem and are there other known issues? It seems everytime we upgrade something good comes of it and there is a new feature or a bug fix, but then something that was working either changes the way it works (without our knowing it) or breaks and becomes a bigger headache than before.

Thanks!