Voice Mail Feature

Bill H

I have searched the manual and Wiki and I can't find a Voice Mail Broadcast Message feature. Is there one?

Its a common message that is usually left by a manager and is sent to a list of mailboxes.

Also, how about a message forwarding feature that will automatically forward a message from one mailbox to another after a period of time?

Maybe even delivery of a message to a cellphone just after the caller hangs up?

Bill H

Well, if you use the email feature, you can e.g. send the voicemail to a mailing list.

What about seeing it from the user's perspective? I think the application here is that someone goes on a vacation or gets sick and wants a smart way of having someone else taking over. In an email server (e.g. Outlook), you can set the "Absence Message" and then the email server will then act accordingly.

If we redesign that subsystem, lets not just copy from existing legacy systems, lets take it one step further...

Well, if you use the email feature, you can e.g. send the voicemail to a mailing list.

What about seeing it from the user's perspective? I think the application here is that someone goes on a vacation or gets sick and wants a smart way of having someone else taking over. In an email server (e.g. Outlook), you can set the "Absence Message" and then the email server will then act accordingly.

If we redesign that subsystem, lets not just copy from existing legacy systems, lets take it one step further...

An axe is a legacy tool from the Stone Age.

There are as many applications for Voice Mail as there are stars in the sky.

Sometimes you just need an axe.

Bill H