i must not have same version as one pictured in wiki

mattlandis

I'm looking at the pacv3,

http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/PAC_V3

but i don't have the same version as pictured...for example pictures on the address book look like older versions...the instant message screen is much more basic...

pbxnsip version

Version: 3.2.0.3144 (Win32)

tx

matt

The example pictures are taken from the latest (3.3.0.3152). Officially not released yet. If you want to take a look here it is - www.pbxnsip.com/protect/pbxctrl-3.3.0.3152.exe

The example pictures are taken from the latest (3.3.0.3152). Officially not released yet. If you want to take a look here it is - www.pbxnsip.com/protect/pbxctrl-3.3.0.3152.exe

Here are some issues that I observed with this pre-release (3.3.0.3152 on Windows 2008 x64):

- When calling in from a cellphone that is associated with an extension, when I hit 3 to go to the auto-attendant, it appears to be treating it as though I hit 3 then 3 again (which goes to a hunt group). Reverting to 3.2.0.3144 resolves this issue.

- When I login as the system administrator and navigate to Settings -> PnP, the field labels are missing. Reverting to 3.2.0.3144 resolves this issue.

- Calls coming in through our trunk were being misrouted. For example, calls to x100 rang x201 and vice versa. There were many examples of this severe behavior. We tried deleting and recreating extensions but it didn't help. Reverting to 3.2.0.3144 resolves this issue.

- For Accounts (extensions), when I entered a MAC address on the Registration page and hit Save, the MAC address was not retained. I had to directly edit the extension XML files and restart the pbxnsip service. Reverting to 3.2.0.3144 resolves this issue.

- The address book couldn't be seen on our Polycoms (Directories button -> Contact Directory...). Reverting to 3.2.0.3144 resolves this issue.

- We use Polycom SoundPoint IP 670s and SoundStation 7000s (BootROM 4.1.2.0037, SIP 3.1.2.0392) with pbxnsip. We took the Polycom SIP file from Polycom's support website, parameterized it, and placed it in /html as polycom_sip.xml. When we upgraded to pbxnsip 3.3.0.3152, we found that many of the parameters were being ignored such as {sip-port layer} and {parameter transport}. This causes the phones to get a "Config Error" then repeatedly go into a reboot cycle. The behavior has been seen in all the other 3.3 builds as well. Reverting to 3.2.0.3144 resolves this issue.

Our current issues with 3.2.0.3144 are:

- Voicemails are delivered to us via email but not retained so we can access them from the phone. We do have Accounts -> Email -> After sending a message set to "Keep message as new message" (side note: need to shorten that gramatically to "Keep new message"). This has been a problem since we began using pbxnsip 3.0. Sometimes, voicemails do stay in the system but only about 10% of the time.

- Call forking to cellphones only works about 25% of the time. This functionality wasn't working well under 3.0 either.

Hope this helps! Let me know if there's a newer build of 3.3 that you'd like me to test.

Regards,

Nate

Here are some issues that I observed with this pre-release (3.3.0.3152 on Windows 2008 x64):

- When calling in from a cellphone that is associated with an extension, when I hit 3 to go to the auto-attendant, it appears to be treating it as though I hit 3 then 3 again (which goes to a hunt group). Reverting to 3.2.0.3144 resolves this issue.

- When I login as the system administrator and navigate to Settings -> PnP, the field labels are missing. Reverting to 3.2.0.3144 resolves this issue.

Is there any old files present in the html folder?

- Calls coming in through our trunk were being misrouted. For example, calls to x100 rang x201 and vice versa. There were many examples of this severe behavior. We tried deleting and recreating extensions but it didn't help. Reverting to 3.2.0.3144 resolves this issue.

We are running 3.3.0.3156(CS410, but based on .3152) here and do not see any such issue.

- For Accounts (extensions), when I entered a MAC address on the Registration page and hit Save, the MAC address was not retained. I had to directly edit the extension XML files and restart the pbxnsip service. Reverting to 3.2.0.3144 resolves this issue.

Are there any error displayed in the log file?

- The address book couldn't be seen on our Polycoms (Directories button -> Contact Directory...). Reverting to 3.2.0.3144 resolves this issue.

- We use Polycom SoundPoint IP 670s and SoundStation 7000s (BootROM 4.1.2.0037, SIP 3.1.2.0392) with pbxnsip. We took the Polycom SIP file from Polycom's support website, parameterized it, and placed it in /html as polycom_sip.xml. When we upgraded to pbxnsip 3.3.0.3152, we found that many of the parameters were being ignored such as {sip-port layer} and {parameter transport}. This causes the phones to get a "Config Error" then repeatedly go into a reboot cycle. The behavior has been seen in all the other 3.3 builds as well. Reverting to 3.2.0.3144 resolves this issue.

Our current issues with 3.2.0.3144 are:

- Voicemails are delivered to us via email but not retained so we can access them from the phone. We do have Accounts -> Email -> After sending a message set to "Keep message as new message" (side note: need to shorten that gramatically to "Keep new message"). This has been a problem since we began using pbxnsip 3.0. Sometimes, voicemails do stay in the system but only about 10% of the time.

- Call forking to cellphones only works about 25% of the time. This functionality wasn't working well under 3.0 either.

I am not sure whether the PBX does not call the cell phone or before you pickup the call on the cellphone, it gets disconnected. The latter can be resolved by increasing the "Time until mailbox picks up:" under extension's mailbox.

Hope this helps! Let me know if there's a newer build of 3.3 that you'd like me to test.

There is a windows version avaialble to test http://www.pbxnsip.com/protect/pbxctrl-3.3.0.3156.exe

Regards,

Nate

Regarding the missing PnP field labels in 3.3.0.3152 (win32 on Windows 2008 x64):

I only had a single file in /html called polycom_sip.xml. It's essentially the 3.1.2 SIP file from Polycom with the pbxnsip parameters entered into it. There's nothing else in /html.

When trying to enter a MAC address into the Registration page, we didn't see any errors in the log. Just looked like it ignored the Save operation.

I'll try that suggestion regarding increasing the delay before voicemail picks up and see if it affects the call forking to my cell. Thanks.

Also - thank you for the link to the newer build. I'll run some tests against it right now to see if any of these have gone away. One thing I suspect as a possible problem is that as these new builds come out, I wonder if there's some legacy configuration in my files that is affecting things. It might be good to have a mechanism that can audit all the XML config files and even offer the option to get rid of deprecated settings (possibly tied to a backup of the old settings before doing that).

Just tried 3.3.0.3156 (win32). The following appear to still be issues:

- I just tried calling in to x100 from my cellphone and it connected me to x201. The log made it look like I was calling x201 even though that's not what I dialed. Calling x201 rang x100 (my phone). But if I call from my extension to x201, it works fine and vice versa. There's nothing in the logs that suggests an error. They make it look like I was dialing the extension that I was connected to. This is a really serious problem.

- The address book isn't working on my Polycom SoundPoint IP 670.

- If I place my own parameterized polycom_sip.xml in the /html folder, the generated polycom_sip.xml is missing lots of values. If I remove that file, it generates a polycom_sip.xml based on Polycom's SIP 3.1.1 instead of 3.2 (which is what my file is based on). Did the parameter names get changed in pbxnsip 3.3? Seems like that's what happened. Is there an updated list of the parameters or can I get your source file for your parameterized polycom_sip.xml? I think you might want to not have these hard-coded in the future. Why not just drop them into /html ?

- Settings -> PnP: the field labels are still missing. I would have thought these are based on the files in /pnp_parms.

Fixed

- I am able to modify the MAC address field on the Account -> Registration page now.

Just tried 3.3.0.3156 (win32). The following appear to still be issues:

- I just tried calling in to x100 from my cellphone and it connected me to x201. The log made it look like I was calling x201 even though that's not what I dialed. Calling x201 rang x100 (my phone). But if I call from my extension to x201, it works fine and vice versa. There's nothing in the logs that suggests an error. They make it look like I was dialing the extension that I was connected to. This is a really serious problem.

Is some kind of redirection setup on your system, call forwarding, multiple registration, etc

- The address book isn't working on my Polycom SoundPoint IP 670.

- If I place my own parameterized polycom_sip.xml in the /html folder, the generated polycom_sip.xml is missing lots of values. If I remove that file, it generates a polycom_sip.xml based on Polycom's SIP 3.1.1 instead of 3.2 (which is what my file is based on). Did the parameter names get changed in pbxnsip 3.3? Seems like that's what happened. Is there an updated list of the parameters or can I get your source file for your parameterized polycom_sip.xml? I think you might want to not have these hard-coded in the future. Why not just drop them into /html ?

- Settings -> PnP: the field labels are still missing. I would have thought these are based on the files in /pnp_parms.

Fixed

- I am able to modify the MAC address field on the Account -> Registration page now.

Is some kind of redirection setup on your system, call forwarding, multiple registration, etc.?

No - nothing like that. When I call in from the outside through the trunk, I am connected to the auto-attendant correctly. We have options like press 1 for sales, 2 for tech support, 3 for HR, 4 for accounting, 5 for dial-by-name, 0 for the operator or enter an extension directly. The inputs are 1#, 2#, 3#, 4#, 0# and 5# for dial-by-name. I'm entering 100 very quickly but it connects me to 201. If I enter 201, it connects me to 100. Normally, when I enter an extension, it announces the name. There's some clipped audio when I enter the extension on the 3.3 builds. So it could be an issue with the auto-attendant. The only thing is that that when I call the auto-attendant internally, it routes calls correctly. It's only when the call comes from a trunk that it goes awry. As soon as I revert to 3.2.0.3144, it all works again.

We do keep the defects in OTRS. When you get a chance, can you open the defects on our system?

http://support.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Troub...cket_Processing

I went to that page in the Wiki. I see the link to http://doc.otrs.org but it just seems like a manual for OTRS. Now I know how to install OTRS on our server. I'm not sure how to connect to your installation of OTRS so I can log these issues on your system.

Do you have a link you could send me? Do I need a login?

Thanks in advance.

I went to that page in the Wiki. I see the link to http://doc.otrs.org but it just seems like a manual for OTRS. Now I know how to install OTRS on our server. I'm not sure how to connect to your installation of OTRS so I can log these issues on your system.

Do you have a link you could send me? Do I need a login?

Thanks in advance.

Oh! Can you PM to support@pbxnsip.com with the username/password you would like to have on our OTRS system?

We will create an account for you based on that and send you the confirmation.