Audiocodes mp-118 FXO Dial out voice low

joso

Using the latest firmware of the audiocodes mp-118 fxo and latest copy of pbxnsip i was able to get everything to work as it should except for one glitch. It seems the volume levels are really low even when i up the voice settings in the audiocodes. if i up the settings too much, i get static. What else is unusal is when i dial out, the first ring is extremely loud, but the rings after the 1st one is very low and it also seems that when the second ring starts that is when i get connected. any ideas on what i can do?

Thanks

Joso

Using the latest firmware of the audiocodes mp-118 fxo and latest copy of pbxnsip i was able to get everything to work as it should except for one glitch. It seems the volume levels are really low even when i up the voice settings in the audiocodes. if i up the settings too much, i get static. What else is unusal is when i dial out, the first ring is extremely loud, but the rings after the 1st one is very low and it also seems that when the second ring starts that is when i get connected. any ideas on what i can do?

I remember Bill H recommended to use an analog measurement tool to se what is going on. There is also other gear available that amplifies the signal.