very slow response and IM doesn't work?

mattlandis

hi,

im testing the new pac. some feedback:

-it can be very sluggish to switch between extension screen and main...(and other screens) so long you think nothing happening...

-also, i can't seem to send an IM? (also, should it be able torecieve IM now?)

-minor: ext. screen has horizontal scroll bar which consumes the already precious little screen space unessarily.

-i hope there are plans for a bigger pac to act as a attendent console, as this one cant show many things at once.

-the ext. screen: the context menu doesn't work smooth/as one would expect. one click pops "intercome, call" menu. but you have to click exactly on another extension for it to go aaway...then click the other ext. for menu to pop for that ext. very unsmooth.

-it auto logs you out--little bit of a hassle if you run it all day.

good:

-dnd graphic doesn't dissappear anymore when toggled

-being able to change the picture is very good

matt

hi,

im testing the new pac. some feedback:

-it can be very sluggish to switch between extension screen and main...(and other screens) so long you think nothing happening...

-also, i can't seem to send an IM? (also, should it be able torecieve IM now?)

-minor: ext. screen has horizontal scroll bar which consumes the already precious little screen space unessarily.

-i hope there are plans for a bigger pac to act as a attendent console, as this one cant show many things at once.

-the ext. screen: the context menu doesn't work smooth/as one would expect. one click pops "intercome, call" menu. but you have to click exactly on another extension for it to go aaway...then click the other ext. for menu to pop for that ext. very unsmooth.

good:

-dnd graphic doesn't dissappear anymore when toggled

-being able to change the picture is very good

matt

We are still working on making it "smooth"

• 1 month later...

I just revisited testing pac v3 and IM function doesn't appear to work--can anyone else verify whether this is works for them?

-also, i get very slow load of the extension screen. like 5-10 seconds...sometimes it hangs...is this normal?

this is not an emergency as i use v3 myself but just checking what progress is with pac v3...

thanks all

matt

I just revisited testing pac v3 and IM function doesn't appear to work--can anyone else verify whether this is works for them?

-also, i get very slow load of the extension screen. like 5-10 seconds...sometimes it hangs...is this normal?

this is not an emergency as i use v3 myself but just checking what progress is with pac v3...

thanks all

matt

Not much progress has happened on the PAC front in the last month. Once we release 3.3.2.x and major issues are resolved (if any), PAC will get a chance again!

• 4 months later...

I'd like to say I am running PAC v3 on my desktop and I'm liking the extension screeen better than I originally thot I might...

Some bugs I notice:

-when you click on an ongoing call underneath an extension it gives an error

-sometimes when i try to go back to the main menu it just hangs...

-SUGGESTION-it would be nice if when a call is parked (and shown under a the ext. who parked it) it would show WHO & HOW LONG on park for

-SUGGESTION- it would be nice to be able to resize the window to show more stuff

-SUGGESTION- it would be great if a receptionist could just click on a call she parked to give the waiting party an update...

Let me know what's happening with the pac. I think it is a very good idea that needs some refining to be useful.

matt

I'm using pacv3 with pbxnsip v3.4 and...good work guys!

-holding mouse over call icon under an extension tells when call started! great

-and it tells what trunk the call is on

-DND status shows in the pac--GREAT GREAT! (and it doesn't get unsynced! great work)

-holding mouse over over extension icon show vm's info

-no more IE error when clicking on calls under an extension

-clikcing on an extension to get dropdown menu works more smoothly

Good improvements!

matt