Number of active calls

Jeremiah

Ive had some random call failed errors on some of our phones and started looking into if we were maxing out our number of active calls we could have at any given time. I dont log every phone all the time, so I cannot look at that, so I usually do a quick glance at the active call status and see only 10-30 calls going on. Looking at the call graph, Im assuming the blue line is number of call legs and the red line is number of calls. If my license has 50 simultaneous calls, is that trunk calls or all calls including one extension to another?

Example is pbxnsip will say 18/40 Calls, and assuming that 36 of the 40 are call legs, the other 4 are ext. to ext. calls, do I have 32 available calls still or 10?

Ive had some random call failed errors on some of our phones and started looking into if we were maxing out our number of active calls we could have at any given time. I dont log every phone all the time, so I cannot look at that, so I usually do a quick glance at the active call status and see only 10-30 calls going on. Looking at the call graph, Im assuming the blue line is number of call legs and the red line is number of calls. If my license has 50 simultaneous calls, is that trunk calls or all calls including one extension to another?

Example is pbxnsip will say 18/40 Calls, and assuming that 36 of the 40 are call legs, the other 4 are ext. to ext. calls, do I have 32 available calls still or 10?

If your setup sends out emails, the PBX will send you an email when a call got rejected because of this. Check if you have an email with the subject "CPU Limit".

If your setup sends out emails, the PBX will send you an email when a call got rejected because of this. Check if you have an email with the subject "CPU Limit".

Nope. Pbxnsip resides on a 3.4 ghz xeon dual proc and only see around 10-30 calls at a time. That was just the reason I got to looking at the graphs. Can you answer my question regarding the bulk of the post?

"Looking at the call graph, Im assuming the blue line is number of call legs and the red line is number of calls. If my license has 50 simultaneous calls, is that trunk calls or all calls including one extension to another?

Example is pbxnsip will say 18/40 Calls, and assuming that 36 of the 40 are call legs, the other 4 are ext. to ext. calls, do I have 32 available calls still or 10?"

"Looking at the call graph, Im assuming the blue line is number of call legs and the red line is number of calls. If my license has 50 simultaneous calls, is that trunk calls or all calls including one extension to another?

Example is pbxnsip will say 18/40 Calls, and assuming that 36 of the 40 are call legs, the other 4 are ext. to ext. calls, do I have 32 available calls still or 10?"

Yes, the red line is the one that is used for the license count. 18/40 means there are 18 calls, and in total there are 40 call legs. You still have 50 - 18 = 32 calls available.