Do Not Disturb Blocking ?

rudik

Is it possible to Block the use of 'Do not Disturb' in PBXNSIP ?

We have a few users who like to use DND while company policy is not to use it......

I managed to disable the DND button on the SNOM phones but DND is still available through the Menu option.

Is it possible to Block the use of 'Do not Disturb' in PBXNSIP ?

We have a few users who like to use DND while company policy is not to use it......

I managed to disable the DND button on the SNOM phones but DND is still available through the Menu option.

You could provision the DND setting on the phones and set it to "read only".

You could provision the DND setting on the phones and set it to "read only".

"DND is still available through the Menu option"

With this i meant that DND is still available through the personal web-interface from PBXNSIP, so i assume it is not possible to block it through the phone.

I think it should be managed by PBXNSIP, is this possible ?

"DND is still available through the Menu option"

With this i meant that DND is still available through the personal web-interface from PBXNSIP, so i assume it is not possible to block it through the phone.

I think it should be managed by PBXNSIP, is this possible ?

Well, the DND option might be still available in the phone. However if it is read only, then the user cannot change it.

The next version should contain a PnP that actually redirects the settings key to a XML screen, so that the user does not get to the screen at all any more. There is also has a DND item, and that could be controlled by the PBX.

will this new version better control DND? most of my problems is someone pressing DND button twice fast and it only sends 1 update to pbxnsip..

so the phone ends up not being on DND and pbxnsip has the DND flag on.

Yes that is a well-known problem. IMHO it is fine if the DND key is provisioned as button. The button profile must contain the dnd key, that might be the problem in real-life deployments.