Sending Extension Number on Internal Trunk

Tim

We have a client that we are configuring PBX for with release 3.2.0.3143 for their road warriors. The client wants to keep their legacy PBX in the office, so we are providing a Mediant M1k to provide a PRI to their legacy PBX for extension to extension calling.

I have configured the Mediant and the trunk on pbxnsip, and calling works both directions. The problem I ran into is I can't figure out how to make the pbxnsip trunk send the Extension # as the Caller ID number instead of the ANI. Does anyone know if there is a setting to make the extension be sent in place of the ANI?

Thanks,

Tim

We have a client that we are configuring PBX for with release 3.2.0.3143 for their road warriors. The client wants to keep their legacy PBX in the office, so we are providing a Mediant M1k to provide a PRI to their legacy PBX for extension to extension calling.

I have configured the Mediant and the trunk on pbxnsip, and calling works both directions. The problem I ran into is I can't figure out how to make the pbxnsip trunk send the Extension # as the Caller ID number instead of the ANI. Does anyone know if there is a setting to make the extension be sent in place of the ANI?

Maybe that trick can help: In the ANI field, you can tell the PBX to use a different ANI when using a specific trunk.

For example, "9787462777 Trunk1:123" would mean: On trunk "Trunk1" use "123", otherwise use "9787462777" as ANI.

• 1 month later...
Maybe that trick can help: In the ANI field, you can tell the PBX to use a different ANI when using a specific trunk.

For example, "9787462777 Trunk1:123" would mean: On trunk "Trunk1" use "123", otherwise use "9787462777" as ANI.

Is it possible that in the future an option in either the 'Remote Party/Privacy Indication' or the 'Rewrite global numbers' field, I am not sure which this would be applicable to, that sets the trunk to 'Send extension', instead of sending the ANI?

Tim