Call Back Forked Call

Tim

Is there a * code or a way to pull a call back to your extension after it has been forked to a cell phone without hanging up and returning a call to the other party? I can see how this might be a potential problem with someone jacking your call if you are out of the office. Perhaps to help reduce that risk, there can be configurable option so people to have to enter their voicemail PIN to use this option.

Would anyone else be interested in such a feature?

Tim

Is there a * code or a way to pull a call back to your extension after it has been forked to a cell phone without hanging up and returning a call to the other party? I can see how this might be a potential problem with someone jacking your call if you are out of the office. Perhaps to help reduce that risk, there can be configurable option so people to have to enter their voicemail PIN to use this option.

If you call that extension again the callback will be canceled.

I dont think he is asking about a callback.

scenerio is a call comes into the PBX and it rings your desk and cell phone at the same time. you answer the cell phone and a few minutes later walk to your desk. It would be cool feature to have a code that hijacked the call from the cell phone back to the desk phone.

I dont think he is asking about a callback.

scenerio is a call comes into the PBX and it rings your desk and cell phone at the same time. you answer the cell phone and a few minutes later walk to your desk. It would be cool feature to have a code that hijacked the call from the cell phone back to the desk phone.

Yea, we need a code for "retrieve my call that is connected on a trunk" (instead of a call that is currently on hold or parked) and we need another code for "blind transfer my currently active call to the cell phone".

I solved this scenerio by using my mobile phone in its IP phone mode while in the office. Then I can do a blind transfer back to my desk phone. If I am out of the office I'm not likely to walk to my desk. Not likely but sometimes I'm just walking into the office and pick up a call on my mobile. It would be nice to have the ability to pull the redirected call back.