Nexvortex E911

jlumby

I am trying to find a way to send a different outbound caller ID only when someone dials 911. According to Nexvortex, the way that they do E911 when you have multiple E911 locations with them is based upon the ANI you send out. The problem is since they require a SIP registration, the only way I can change the ANI is to send it out a different trunk, however I only have one trunk. The other thing I had thought about is to have it go through another PBXnSIP machine, however I would prefer not to need an additional machine to manage, and have found that as you get multiple PBXnSIP registrations to eachother, performance tends to degrade quickly, so I want to avoid that at all costs. What is the best way to acomplish this?

I am trying to find a way to send a different outbound caller ID only when someone dials 911. According to Nexvortex, the way that they do E911 when you have multiple E911 locations with them is based upon the ANI you send out. The problem is since they require a SIP registration, the only way I can change the ANI is to send it out a different trunk, however I only have one trunk. The other thing I had thought about is to have it go through another PBXnSIP machine, however I would prefer not to need an additional machine to manage, and have found that as you get multiple PBXnSIP registrations to eachother, performance tends to degrade quickly, so I want to avoid that at all costs. What is the best way to acomplish this?

In 3.3 we introduced the "EPID" (endpoint identifier). When someone calls 911 on a emergency trunk, then the PBX will put the EPID into the contact. When the emergency center calls back, the call goes directly to the extension. even if there is usually an auto attendant in the middle.

This goes beyond what good old TDM was able to do. VoIP and SIP can do more than emulating circuits.

In 3.3 we introduced the "EPID" (endpoint identifier). When someone calls 911 on a emergency trunk, then the PBX will put the EPID into the contact. When the emergency center calls back, the call goes directly to the extension. even if there is usually an auto attendant in the middle.

This goes beyond what good old TDM was able to do. VoIP and SIP can do more than emulating circuits.

This is nice, however how does it give them my E911 address since it is not sending the remote party ID that they are looking for, or does whatever I type in here override the normal remote party ID that I would be sending?

This is nice, however how does it give them my E911 address since it is not sending the remote party ID that they are looking for, or does whatever I type in here override the normal remote party ID that I would be sending?

Does anyone know how this feature might apply to Nexvortex? They had never heard of it.