Different Greetings

Bill H

We have talked about this before and I am following up on it.

Many telephone systems allow you to record three different greetings for a mailbox.

1 For No Answer. "Hi I am away from my desk at this time"

2 For Busy "Hi I am on the phone right now"

3 For After hours "Hi our office is closed at this time"

This gives the caller a more accurate greeting based on the condition of the extension.

Is this in the works?

Not yet, we are still collecting items for 4.0!

There is an option for multiple outgoing greetings, but I don't know of a way to record greeting 2 - 5 unless you are at your desk, which kind of defeats part of the purpose.

It would also be nice as many phone systems.. to have a different greeting for your internal callers than your external callers, this is very helpful if you are away from your desk quite a bit.

Thanks

There is an option for multiple outgoing greetings, but I don't know of a way to record greeting 2 - 5 unless you are at your desk, which kind of defeats part of the purpose.

It would also be nice as many phone systems.. to have a different greeting for your internal callers than your external callers, this is very helpful if you are away from your desk quite a bit.

Thanks

I think it would be very nice and user friendly to put all the voicemail options under option 4 when you go into the voicemail. (this would also free up option 9 if you wanted to use it in the main menu later)

Maybe instead of - To record a personal welcome message it could say press 4 - it could say - To manage your greetings choose 4 -> then -> to record a personal greeting press 1, even if you didn't want to go further into a submenu, you could have to record an alternate greeting press 2 then under two you could ask which gretting to use (instead of going out and back into option 9) The option 3 could be the same as option 9 to choose your greeting press 3.

I would make sure that after you choose option 2 it brings you back to the personal greeting message. OR you could after the message was recorded have the user at that moment choose to use this message press 1 go back to the previous menu press 2.

Just my input..

Thanks!

• 8 months later...

I also have a need for multiple greetings:

A client running 3.4 has a vmb for a reception calling group. If has flags set to control the ringing. It would be nice to have a flag for lunch and trigger the lunch greeting. But at minimum they would like the ability to select from pre-recorded greetings. I wanted to keep the messages in a single vmb, to reduce confusion and cost of licenses. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Isaac