Split company into 2 but keep all voicemail greetings & AA

Parks

We have a large doctors office who is splitting off into two separate offices and they don't want to have to re-record their voicemail greetings, directory names, agent groups and auto attendants. Is something like this possible in a hosted deployment?

We have a large doctors office who is splitting off into two separate offices and they don't want to have to re-record their voicemail greetings, directory names, agent groups and auto attendants. Is something like this possible in a hosted deployment?

We figured it out. If anyone is interested send me a private message and then we can get numbers and I can walk you through it. It's a bit step oriented.

I would either clone the whole configuration of the PBX (if it was a single domain setup) or get a domain backup and then restore the config on the new server or create a new domain from the domain backup. Then after the restoration, delete what is not needed any more.

I would either clone the whole configuration of the PBX (if it was a single domain setup) or get a domain backup and then restore the config on the new server or create a new domain from the domain backup. Then after the restoration, delete what is not needed any more.

You actually have to do more if you don't want to lose the recordings for the extensions that have DIDs in them. If you just clone the domain and use it when creating a new one you will have to re-record everything over again. I've figure out that you can remove the DIDs from the original domain and then clone and put back in the new domain the DIDs to the extension and all records don't get erased. This is because the system will not allow you to create extension with multiple DIDs and therefore it would strip them when importing the template.

I worked a couple of hours on playing with this and got it working this way with out having to re-record all greatings and AAs.

You actually have to do more if you don't want to lose the recordings for the extensions that have DIDs in them. If you just clone the domain and use it when creating a new one you will have to re-record everything over again. I've figure out that you can remove the DIDs from the original domain and then clone and put back in the new domain the DIDs to the extension and all records don't get erased. This is because the system will not allow you to create extension with multiple DIDs and therefore it would strip them when importing the template.

I worked a couple of hours on playing with this and got it working this way with out having to re-record all greatings and AAs.

You are right. DID are a problem. Because they are global, they get lost when you want to restore them in a domain.

• 1 month later...
We figured it out. If anyone is interested send me a private message and then we can get numbers and I can walk you through it. It's a bit step oriented.

come one write some good docu for yourself and post it on the wiki...

we all share here no?

reco