service flags and recordings (IVR)

joso

Hi there, i have a reception account with ext 300. I have created 2 service flags. The first service flag is account 101 which is used for the Night Service and is manual. The second service flag account is 103 which is used for holidays and is set to Day/Night. The AA has an account 100. Within the AA IVR, I first set the *98100*1 to the 101 service flag then i put in 103 service flag for the *98100*2.

First off, i have set up a hunt group (102) and all calls get routed to this account first and i set the night service like this:

Service Flag Account: 101

Night Service Number: 300

The AA has this as well:

Service Flag Account: 101

Night Service Number: 300

When i call in after hours, it goes to the holidays service flag greeting (103) not the 101 greeting. For a test, i remove the 103 service flag from the IVR and then it goes straight to the AA Default greeting.

Any idea why? do i have this setup correctly?

If you want to have a special greeting for the holidays, you should set up a service flag for the holidays and specify 00:00-24:00 for Monday-Sunday and list the holidays. That means "we are open anytime, except the holidays". For example, this might be the service flag "123".

The other service flag has the usualy 09:00A-5:00P settings for Monday-Friday. Lets call it "124".

Then put that service flag first, so that on any time during the holidays the caller will hear the holiday greeting. Then put the other regular service flag begind this flag, Service Flag Account="123 124" and set the redirection accordingly, Night Service Number="130 131" (130 for the holiday and 131 for regular days night mode).

would i put Service Flag Account="123 124" in the hunt group or the AA?

the reason for the hunt group is night mode i want all the phones to ring, so put the extensions in there and the final stage to the AA. in your example, how would i include the hunt group.

Also, in your examply, your mentioned Night Service Number="130 131", what would these be, hunt group, extnsions?

in my scenario, how would you set this up to match your example.

Thanks

Joso

Just to clarify and explain the process i want the call to flow is :

when the call comes in i want it to ring the receptionist at ext 300 during business hours. If a service flag 101 for night mode is on then i want it to call the hunt group at ext 102, which will ring all phones. in this hunt group the final destination will be the AA at ext 100, which will have the greetings based on the service flag 103. I noticed that this does work but the service flag 101 has to be set to "Set" in order for it to go to reception and when it is "Cleared" it goes to night mode. I think this is due to the hunt group having the service flag set to 101 with the number to 300.

Is there something wrong with this setup?

Just to clarify and explain the process i want the call to flow is :

when the call comes in i want it to ring the receptionist at ext 300 during business hours. If a service flag 101 for night mode is on then i want it to call the hunt group at ext 102, which will ring all phones. in this hunt group the final destination will be the AA at ext 100, which will have the greetings based on the service flag 103. I noticed that this does work but the service flag 101 has to be set to "Set" in order for it to go to reception and when it is "Cleared" it goes to night mode. I think this is due to the hunt group having the service flag set to 101 with the number to 300.

Is there something wrong with this setup?

Well, you should think the way the PBX processes the request. If you want to ring the receiptionist during office hours, you would probably "hunt" her first (pretty small hunt group), and if the night mode is active send the call to the auto attendant (on holidays) or to another hunt group which rings the whole office.

What most customers do is that the hunt group for the receiptionist also rings other people in the office after some time. This covers the cases when the receiptionist is temporarily unavailable (everybody needs a break).