PnP for Multiple Identities (SIP-Registrations) on SNOM Phones

I think I've heard somewhere, that I can assign more MAC-Adresses to one extension, so this extension becomes available on more than one device. Is it possible to set the 2nd, 3rd, 4th SIP-Identity on SNOM-Phones over PnP-Mechanism of the PBX or do we really have to manually login to every phone and do the settings by hand?

What we intend to do (maybe anyone has an better solution for that?) is:

- assigning on every phone a 2nd and 3rd (...) SIP-Identity, so that two extensions of the PBX are registered by every phone in the office as additional SIP-Identites.

- When a call is received on one of this multiple registered extensions (each one is the only one agent of an Agent Group), all phones are ringing at the same time (I know: this can be done much easier), BUT: As long as this call lasts, the appropiate agent group is busy and the next incoming call is put in the Queue, REGARDLESS on which phone the call was accepted.

I do not have a better idea, since the following alternative solution don't solve the problem:

If we do it without multiple registrations, and put each phone with it's different extension number into the (personal's VIP) agent group, the other phones would ring on the next incoming call to this agent group (which is used only for one special Person). There seem to be no way to set the Agent Group "busy on busy" (or maximum Calls on this Agent Group = 1).

Any idea?

I think I've heard somewhere, that I can assign more MAC-Adresses to one extension, so this extension becomes available on more than one device. Is it possible to set the 2nd, 3rd, 4th SIP-Identity on SNOM-Phones over PnP-Mechanism of the PBX or do we really have to manually login to every phone and do the settings by hand?

What we intend to do (maybe anyone has an better solution for that?) is:

- assigning on every phone a 2nd and 3rd (...) SIP-Identity, so that two extensions of the PBX are registered by every phone in the office as additional SIP-Identites.

- When a call is received on one of this multiple registered extensions (each one is the only one agent of an Agent Group), all phones are ringing at the same time (I know: this can be done much easier), BUT: As long as this call lasts, the appropiate agent group is busy and the next incoming call is put in the Queue, REGARDLESS on which phone the call was accepted.

I do not have a better idea, since the following alternative solution don't solve the problem:

If we do it without multiple registrations, and put each phone with it's different extension number into the (personal's VIP) agent group, the other phones would ring on the next incoming call to this agent group (which is used only for one special Person). There seem to be no way to set the Agent Group "busy on busy" (or maximum Calls on this Agent Group = 1).

It was already possible to assign a MAC address to multiple extensions. Then the PBX would provision multiple identities to one phone.

Version 3.3 introduced a new feature. You may now also list multiple MAC addresses for one extension (seperated by a space). This makes sense e.g. if you have a cordless device and a desktop device on the same extension.

Usually it is a better idea to solve multiple ringing with a hunt group or an agent group. Having multiple extensions on the same PBX on one phone usually just screws outbound calls from that phone up. You never know what number is calling, and especially for call pickup and call parking things get very messy.

It was already possible to assign a MAC address to multiple extensions. Then the PBX would provision multiple identities to one phone.

Version 3.3 introduced a new feature. You may now also list multiple MAC addresses for one extension (seperated by a space). This makes sense e.g. if you have a cordless device and a desktop device on the same extension.

Usually it is a better idea to solve multiple ringing with a hunt group or an agent group. Having multiple extensions on the same PBX on one phone usually just screws outbound calls from that phone up. You never know what number is calling, and especially for call pickup and call parking things get very messy.

Oh yes! These demo effects! I'm so sure I tried to store more MAC-Addresses seperated by space and I got always the message that the MAC-Address is too long. Obviously I've got two spaces during copy-and-paste and didn't recognized that.

Thanks a lot!

Selecting the SIP-Identity for outbound calls are really no problem on SNOM-Phones. Either select them or set a default and deny selecting SIP-Identities. But you are right. Call Pickup and call parking get very messy, especially using buttons.