Sidecar buttons transferring to wrong extensions

joso

Hi there, we have a sidecar for the snom 360. I have set the buttons to BLF in pbxnsip so reception can transfer the call by hitting the button or she can monitor the extension if it lights up when in use. the 2 issues i have with the sidecar is:

1. occasionally when hitting the person's extension, it routes to another extension instead. (this does not occur when entering the extension manually.

2. When a user hits DND on their phone, the BLF on the reception sidecar button lights up for 5 sec and dissappears, it needs to stay lit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joso

Hi,

On your #2 item: i agree it would be great if the DND button would make the phone ext. BLF light come on. This would be great to let phone users know someone has their DND "stuck" on.

Another problem we have with the DND on snom is that if you press the DND button to set the phone to do not disturb and then press the DND button again in less that 4secs. the snom phone DND indication gets "unhinged" (doesn't agree with pbxnsip). Pressing snom DND button again will not correct this. (you can go into pbxnsip and correct.) (to get OUT of the unhinged situation use the below solutoin)

A work around if you are pbxnsip provisioning the snom is to press the snom "menu" button, then hit the "check/ok" button. The PROBLEM with this is the phone (on the main screen) doesn't show you you are on DND.

matt

On your #2 item: i agree it would be great if the DND button would make the phone ext. BLF light come on. This would be great to let phone users know someone has their DND "stuck" on.

Regarding the DND button there will be a fix coming out in 3.3.2. That area was not very clean and should be better now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Was this ever done ? I am doing a 70 ext install as we speak (4.5.0.1075 Delta Aurigids (Win64)) and it would be very helpful. Not so much a "stuck on" indicator but as a "I'm not at my desk at present" indicator, same as we used to with steam age phone systems...

Thanks

Jon