Busy on incoming calls

djanjic

We run 2.0.3.1705 in a hosted mode. We just turned up a new customer and have a strange issue. Their incoming calls come through our SIP gateway. Right now they have 3 incoming lines which have been ported from their old POTS provider. When all of their lines are in use and they get another incoming call instead of getting a busy signal the announcement comes on and says that the number has been disconnected. Is there a way to make PBX give a busy signal?

We run 2.0.3.1705 in a hosted mode. We just turned up a new customer and have a strange issue. Their incoming calls come through our SIP gateway. Right now they have 3 incoming lines which have been ported from their old POTS provider. When all of their lines are in use and they get another incoming call instead of getting a busy signal the announcement comes on and says that the number has been disconnected. Is there a way to make PBX give a busy signal?

I am not 100% sure of what is taking place. SIP Trunks act differently than POTS and I know POTS better than SIP.

Anyway.......

It sounds like the "Number has been disconnected" announcement is coming from the ITSP and not PBXnSIP.

You are "downstream' in the call flow sequence at this point while the ITSP has control over what happens when all 3 lines/channels are busy.

From that position, I don't think there is much you can do. The fourth caller, most likely, never makes it to your location.

What happens if you de-register the service and call the main number?

Does each line Register as its own trunk or is there one registration for all three?

Who is the ITSP?

Bill H

I am not 100% sure of what is taking place. SIP Trunks act differently than POTS and I know POTS better than SIP.

Anyway.......

It sounds like the "Number has been disconnected" announcement is coming from the ITSP and not PBXnSIP.

You are "downstream' in the call flow sequence at this point while the ITSP has control over what happens when all 3 lines/channels are busy.

From that position, I don't think there is much you can do. The fourth caller, most likely, never makes it to your location.

What happens if you de-register the service and call the main number?

Does each line Register as its own trunk or is there one registration for all three?

Who is the ITSP?

Bill H

I beleive you are right and that the problem will clear itself out once the whole legal process of porting the numbers is complete. That usually takes 48 hours, in this case I think it is business hours in question since we have done number portability on Friday. thanks for your help.

Dusan