Made you a Wikipedia page

Hi All -- In a fit of something or other I made a Wikipedia page for pbxnsip. Please check for errors/additions! Here is the link pbxnsip on Wikipedia

AK

Thanks. I added a line to the comparison chart a while ago. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_VoIP_software. Seems like it has been removed. Is there anything special you had to do, other than being a member?

Thanks. I added a line to the comparison chart a while ago. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_VoIP_software. Seems like it has been removed. Is there anything special you had to do, other than being a member?

I think the trick with Wikipedia is to go in guns blazing, put in a lot of information with a lot of references, don't make it sound too commercial and then monitor for a few weeks. There's always someone with an axe to grind, but if you follow all the rules there's not much they can do. pbxnsip is a legitimate system, so it should stay up.

I think what may have happened is others may have been spooked. In 2006 a page called pbxnsip was deleted - so attempting to recreate it and/or looking up pbxnsip showed that it was removed for cause and set off all sorts of dire warnings if you attempted to re-create. But - looking at the old logs it was only because the page was empty.

Anyway, it's up now and all should be good.

By the way, it would be really nice if you guys opened your wiki. I know it feels weird, but keeping it locked down is preventing anyone from making little changes that could be helpful. The wiki model really does work for stuff like this, but it has to open or you lose the benefits.

AK

I think the trick with Wikipedia is to go in guns blazing, put in a lot of information with a lot of references, don't make it sound too commercial and then monitor for a few weeks. There's always someone with an axe to grind, but if you follow all the rules there's not much they can do. pbxnsip is a legitimate system, so it should stay up.

I think what may have happened is others may have been spooked. In 2006 a page called pbxnsip was deleted - so attempting to recreate it and/or looking up pbxnsip showed that it was removed for cause and set off all sorts of dire warnings if you attempted to re-create. But - looking at the old logs it was only because the page was empty.

Anyway, it's up now and all should be good.

By the way, it would be really nice if you guys opened your wiki. I know it feels weird, but keeping it locked down is preventing anyone from making little changes that could be helpful. The wiki model really does work for stuff like this, but it has to open or you lose the benefits.

AK

It is not that we have locked it up. We do give access to customers as and when the request. Please PM support@pbxnsip.com with the account details, if you need one.

Seems like it is impossible to stay on that page. Seems there are people out there who fear a fair comparison.

• 1 year later...

Seems like it is impossible to stay on that page. Seems there are people out there who fear a fair comparison.

Making your content not spammy / promotional and with correct grammar would work.

we tried to make a wiki page/bio before, but they turn it down after a month because we are though it is a person, we are still promoting.