Auto attendant not available

Viking

When I try to record a call attendant message from an approved extension I dial *98XXX and the system says "this feature is not available at this time" What am I doing wroing???

Other times the system tells me to record a message and press * to erase but nothing else and after recording the message it is no where to be found???????

When I try to record a call attendant message from an approved extension I dial *98XXX and the system says "this feature is not available at this time" What am I doing wroing???

Other times the system tells me to record a message and press * to erase but nothing else and after recording the message it is no where to be found???????

What is the version you are running?

You probably have to dial something like *98xxx*1. If you look at the IVR page of the AA then you see the codes that you can dial ("Record from phone").

I just saw that this one shows all alias names (with a space in between). That hint is misleading. If course you should not dial "*98123 attendant*1", but just "*98123*1". If you have only one name for the auto attendant it is fine, though.

And check the dial plan of your phone. E.g. Linksys phones tend to dial after two digits unless you fix their internal dial plan.