One way audio for ~1 second in the begining of each call

ndemou

When ever I make a call the other party can't hear me for just the first second, then everything is perfectly OK

I'm just querying for quick thoughts/ideas before I start a thorough investigation

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that this is not happening when calling PBX extensions -- only when calling external numbers (standard telephones)

When ever I make a call the other party can't hear me for just the first second, then everything is perfectly OK

I'm just querying for quick thoughts/ideas before I start a thorough investigation

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that this is not happening when calling PBX extensions -- only when calling external numbers (standard telephones)

I would make a Wireshark trace and try to find out when the SIP and RTP packets arrive on the PBX. Maybe the service provider is a little bit slow.

BTW this is the reason why the PBX establishes the media path already during the ringback phase. When the media session needs to be set up after the user picks up the phone, there is always an additional delay which might eat the first "hello". But one second is really too long, and there must be something else wrong.