Spam on fax

Leonmeijer

Hello,

I've recently ported my phone number to VoIP but before the number became mine 2 years ago it has been used as a fax number for a company.

When the number was used analogue there were no calls comming in from a fax because they where blocked by the provider (KPN Holland).

Now i'm receiving "calls" 24/7 randomly, and the PBX is forwarding them to my extension but the calls are not allways logged so I can't trace them actually... the sip client, Eyebeem says there were 8 calls at 8:01 while PBX logged only 1, how can I block fax?

I've configured an agent group with agents:

100 F101 (to forward fax to 101, a dummy extension), does this work?

Regards,

Leon

I've recently ported my phone number to VoIP but before the number became mine 2 years ago it has been used as a fax number for a company.

When the number was used analogue there were no calls comming in from a fax because they where blocked by the provider (KPN Holland).

Now i'm receiving "calls" 24/7 randomly, and the PBX is forwarding them to my extension but the calls are not allways logged so I can't trace them actually... the sip client, Eyebeem says there were 8 calls at 8:01 while PBX logged only 1, how can I block fax?

I've configured an agent group with agents:

100 F101 (to forward fax to 101, a dummy extension), does this work?

If it is always the same number, you could black list it.

Otherwise the only thing I can think of is to screen all calls (user must say name then press enter). The solution with the IVR node does not sound like a solution to me; way too complicated.

But it could be a good idea to accept the "F" as a "DTMF" tone also in the agent group. Though this will be a 4.0 feature.

If it is always the same number, you could black list it.

Otherwise the only thing I can think of is to screen all calls (user must say name then press enter). The solution with the IVR node does not sound like a solution to me; way too complicated.

But it could be a good idea to accept the "F" as a "DTMF" tone also in the agent group. Though this will be a 4.0 feature.

Its an annonymous number, so that's a pitty...

Yes, would be a nice feature to use F to move a fax to an extension, or... fax2mail? (I probably enabled that now in my ISP that " serves" the phone number).