Installing (moving) PBXnSIP on Small Business Server 2003 corrupts OWA

We had an installation running on a SBS2003 server (with all SPs etc... applied).

Everything was working (Outlook Web Access and PBXnSIP on the same server).

We migrated PBXnSIP from the old to the new server like this :

- Copy all files

- Install PBXnSIP clean on the new server

- Copy all files with overwrite

It looks like the new installation package wants to install PBXnSIP on some ports which are used by SBS for Exchange services like Outlook Web Access (which is also being used for synchronisation with Windows Mobile devices).

How can we install the package right? It looks now when the installation is being done the PBXNSIP service cannot be started. Uninstalling PBXNSIP will not result in PBXNSIP service to disappear from the services list.

For your information. It's an USB dongle version.

At the moment the PBXNSIP is installed on a Windows XP workstation, but we want to move it to the server, ofcourse.

Any suggestions how to handle this?

Thanks in advance,

Ramond

PS we work with version 3.3.1.3177

I would do it the following way:

1. Before the installation, use netstat to see which ports are already taken. Usual suspects are 80, 443 but maybe also other ports like 5060, 5061 or 69.

2. Then perform the installation. If the port 80 or 443 is blocked already, just manually edit the pbx.xml file in the installation directory and change the ports to something available.

3. Then restart the PBX (using the service manager), log into the web interface and change the other ports.

4. Restart with the service manager again. Then everything should be up & running.

Needless to say, if you don't use standard ports, you must specify the port numbers in the HTTP and SIP URI.

I would do it the following way:

1. Before the installation, use netstat to see which ports are already taken. Usual suspects are 80, 443 but maybe also other ports like 5060, 5061 or 69.

2. Then perform the installation. If the port 80 or 443 is blocked already, just manually edit the pbx.xml file in the installation directory and change the ports to something available.

3. Then restart the PBX (using the service manager), log into the web interface and change the other ports.

4. Restart with the service manager again. Then everything should be up & running.

Needless to say, if you don't use standard ports, you must specify the port numbers in the HTTP and SIP URI.

But I did before how you described it. I did not change the pbx.xml but I did change the ports via web control panel. That didn't bring me back my OWA !

I will try it again this weekend and inform here about the progress. Thanks for thinking.

You can stop the WWW service, install PBXnSIP, let the service start on port 80. Then go into the web console and change the ports to 81, 444 or whatever you like. Once you change the ports and save it, you can restart the pBX service. Then restart the WWW service and all will be well.

I had to do that because the service didn't start and the install would stop and remove everything.

You can stop the WWW service, install PBXnSIP, let the service start on port 80. Then go into the web console and change the ports to 81, 444 or whatever you like. Once you change the ports and save it, you can restart the pBX service. Then restart the WWW service and all will be well.

I had to do that because the service didn't start and the install would stop and remove everything.

Thanks for the tip. I will try that and post my results here soon.

• 4 weeks later...