Calling from cellphone into the system

pbxuser911

I know there is a way i can set that when i call from my cell phone into the system it will ask me to check my voice mail, or make a phone call etc

but i am having a black moment and i cant figure out how to do it

If your extension has the cell phone configured (under the redirection tab/page for the extension), then PBX recognizes it when the call is made from your cell phone.

The customers Domain is set up the same (as far as i can see) as on my domain

on my domain when i call in i get the option "to place an outbound call press 1" but when the customer calls his DID it doesnt give him the option

what could i have set up wrong?

what do i have to look at?

The customers Domain is set up the same (as far as i can see) as on my domain

on my domain when i call in i get the option "to place an outbound call press 1" but when the customer calls his DID it doesnt give him the option

what could i have set up wrong?

what do i have to look at?

Take a look at how the number is being formated when calls come in, and it that matches how the cell phone number is entered for the extension. You might have to play with the country code formatting on the truck, or you can try adding (or removing) a "+1" in front the of cell phone number in the extension.

isnt that something the PBX has to do? automaticly format the number

i added the cell phone number in the following formats and it still didnt work

+1xxxxxxxxxx

1xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx

the country code on the account has a 1 set up for the country code

again like i said, it seems as i have the same set up as i have on another domain on which it works just fine, on this one it doesnt seem to work no matter what i do

• 3 weeks later...

Version: 3.4.0.3192 (Linux)

How I fixed the issue was by rebooting the system

for some reason even when I Deleted an extension that used to have that number in it, it still left the XML file and therefore it didn’t work on this domain

you can only have the cell phone number in one account (which I believe should be changed) and the deleted/stuck account had that cell phone number, but when I rebooted it finally got erased and the cell phone worked on the new/active extension

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...