4.0 Beta

YMSL

Look extremelly promessing

How to:

1- Set Max. number of concurrent registrations per extension: Other then availible choices 1,2,3,4 or 5,

current installation is set to 7 registrations / extensions

I can manually set it on the pbx.xml but it doies not reflect on the reg_settings page

2- Set Mailbox PIN digets: Other then availible choices, 1,2,3,4 or 5 ?

current system is set to 6 digets

Cannot find it on the pbx.xml

many thanks

:)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the feedback. We will take care of it in the next versions.

Meanwhile, you can manually -

- Change "max_regs" to the number you want under pbx.xml file.

- Change "mb_pinsize" under "<working dir>/domains/1.xml" file. Note that if you have multiple domains, make changes to the proper xml file.

Look extremelly promessing

How to:

1- Set Max. number of concurrent registrations per extension: Other then availible choices 1,2,3,4 or 5,

current installation is set to 7 registrations / extensions

I can manually set it on the pbx.xml but it doies not reflect on the reg_settings page

2- Set Mailbox PIN digets: Other then availible choices, 1,2,3,4 or 5 ?

current system is set to 6 digets

Cannot find it on the pbx.xml

many thanks

:)

Thanks for the feedback. We will take care of it in the next versions.

Meanwhile, you can manually -

- Change "max_regs" to the number you want under pbx.xml file.

- Change "mb_pinsize" under "<working dir>/domains/1.xml" file. Note that if you have multiple domains, make changes to the proper xml file.

Where can I download the BETA of ver 4 ?

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please tell me..

For both the beta and pbxnsip 3.x versions.

1. is it supported in Debian? can we get a debian supported download of the beta?

2. is ithe beta supported in Centos version 5.3 both i386 and 64bit versions?

3. Is pbxnsip supported in any 64bit linux?

b. Is there a benefit to using 64bit OS beyond huge ram?

c. Is there a benefit to AVOIDING a 64 bit OS?

4. is pbxnsip supported in Debian 5 stable?

5. is it supported in Debian 64bit Linux?

6. is it supported in 64bit windows?

THANKS!

1. is it supported in Debian? can we get a debian supported download of the beta?

We are currently using Debian 4.0. We also have an image for 4.0 with Debian 4.0.

2. is ithe beta supported in Centos version 5.3 both i386 and 64bit versions?

So far only 32 bit. I believe it is 5.2.

3. Is pbxnsip supported in any 64bit linux?

b. Is there a benefit to using 64bit OS beyond huge ram?

We have an image running on Suse10 with 64 bit, but we did not publish it yet. The only benefit I see so far is that log files can get bigger than 2 GB; that is an issue that we run into frequently when customer don't want to include the date in the log files and forget turning logging off or to reduce the log level.

c. Is there a benefit to AVOIDING a 64 bit OS?

Yes, you stay away from trouble. IMHO 32 is still mainstream, not only for pbxnsip.

4. is pbxnsip supported in Debian 5 stable?

The SheevaPlug seems to be running Debian 5 and there we had no problem getting it working and it seems to be pretty stable.

5. is it supported in Debian 64bit Linux?

So far we have only 64-bit SuSE.

6. is it supported in 64bit windows?

Never tried that. AFAIK 64bit Windows runs 32-bit applications with no problems?

I've heard that queue positioning become available in 4.0. Is this still true? (The system should tell the caller "You are in position # in this queue". 3CX implemented this feature since a long time).

Yes. There are a couple of enhancements of the queue.

BTW the ACD is now also able to ring an extension forever, it necessary the whole night. Another feature that I don't really understand, but a common requirement in the ACD area. Plus the "agent" can now be on one of his cell phones. IMHO that is a very cool thing.

The other thing we want to have in the ACD is video. When someone calls from a video phone, the provider can play ads during the waiting time and provide information about the call. So that the caller can prepare for this call. This is for a carrier that wants his customers using video on the cell phone network. Large numbers here!

We are currently using Debian 4.0. We also have an image for 4.0 with Debian 4.0.

So far only 32 bit. I believe it is 5.2.

We have an image running on Suse10 with 64 bit, but we did not publish it yet. The only benefit I see so far is that log files can get bigger than 2 GB; that is an issue that we run into frequently when customer don't want to include the date in the log files and forget turning logging off or to reduce the log level.

Yes, you stay away from trouble. IMHO 32 is still mainstream, not only for pbxnsip.

The SheevaPlug seems to be running Debian 5 and there we had no problem getting it working and it seems to be pretty stable.

So far we have only 64-bit SuSE.

Never tried that. AFAIK 64bit Windows runs 32-bit applications with no problems?

Thanks!

Where can I download this debian version?

Only Centos/WIndows and CS410 are mentioned above.

THANKS!

Steve

Another question:

Will it be possible to transfer a call directly to the MS Exchange UM Voicemail? Currently this works only by wasting additional extensions (licences!), which are set to "turn on Mailbox immediately". Transferring directly to the Exchange Trunk to doesn't work as Exchange will answer the call with "Welcome to MS Exchange, please enter Extension..." instead of routing the call to the appropriate UM-Mailbox because MSExch only looks to the "Forwarded from"-Tag which is the Ext-No. of the Switchboard, the call will be transferred from.

A solution would be a setting "Select From-Field when transferring a call: From=To"

The other thing we want to have in the ACD is video. When someone calls from a video phone, the provider can play ads during the waiting time and provide information about the call. So that the caller can prepare for this call. This is for a carrier that wants his customers using video on the cell phone network. Large numbers here!

Thats awesome.. waiting for iphone 4G

Am I the only one missing this function?? :blink:

4.0 will not be the last release... Our plan is to put some producivity tools into that release like the cell phone groups and maybe some renovation in the CDR area and have it stable. We also worked on the user interface and make it possible to provide professional services for the product. Then we can move on to 5.0.

Is debian5 (Lenny) i386 (32bit) officially supported or semi officially supported?

In other words should I proceed to use Debian5 since it is newer and considered stable

at least from a Debian community standpoint or do I need to make special effort to go back

and use Debian 4 with any pbxnsip including 4beta and forward?

Thanks.

Steve

Still would very much like to get ahold of the version for Debian.

How do I get it?

There's no reference to where to download it here in this thread or in the general software download areas.

The reference in this thread is only for Centos or CS410 or windows.

Thanks,

Steve