Sharing Mailbox

Bill H

The WIKI says that you can Share a Mailbox, but there is no provision on the MAILBOX Page to do it.

Was it discontinued or is there a newer method?

Basically we need to have a single mailbox (General Delivery) that can be accessed by a number of extensions.

It would also be nice if they could get a Message Waiting Indication too.

The WIKI says that you can Share a Mailbox, but there is no provision on the MAILBOX Page to do it.

Was it discontinued or is there a newer method?

Basically we need to have a single mailbox (General Delivery) that can be accessed by a number of extensions.

It would also be nice if they could get a Message Waiting Indication too.

At the moment (version 3), the sharing is for the MWI. The message itself remains in the mailbox that is to be shared. That works; however has the "disadvantage" that probably all SIP phones that I know are not able to subscribe to this MWI in a non-random way. Therefore we have to change this behavior on version 4 and really copy the message into all mailboxes.

At the moment (version 3), the sharing is for the MWI. The message itself remains in the mailbox that is to be shared. That works; however has the "disadvantage" that probably all SIP phones that I know are not able to subscribe to this MWI in a non-random way. Therefore we have to change this behavior on version 4 and really copy the message into all mailboxes.

I tried Version 3 and 4 (Windows and Linux) and I don't even see the "Share Mailbox" option.

I believe that I looked everywhere and could not find it.

Can you tell me where it is????

• 2 months later...

We've tried a work around with the General Mailbox Delivery. For a domain that's using Polycom handsets. We auto provisioned the accounts out initially, and after the phones registered up and fully booted we manually registered the "Line 2" of each phone to an Account with no call routing and only acts a voice mail box. We allowed the account to have multiple registrations and it sends the MWI out to the handset since they are tied to the account.

This has seemed to work out so far except when they try to make an additional call sometimes they activate the "Line 2" or voice mail account instead of their own account.