CAMP ON IMMEDIATELY WHEN CALLERS ARE ON THE PHONE

Friedom-Tech

As of now i do not know of any setup with pbxnsip which will notify the caller as soon as he dials an extension that the user he is calling is on the phone.

is there no way for the same logic as OFFER CAMP to be given to the caller right away instead of him ringing until he gets voicemail/the CAMP message?

possibly have the camp message with the additional option of allowing the caller to continue calling the extension even if they are on the phone?

please advise

As of now i do not know of any setup with pbxnsip which will notify the caller as soon as he dials an extension that the user he is calling is on the phone.

is there no way for the same logic as OFFER CAMP to be given to the caller right away instead of him ringing until he gets voicemail/the CAMP message?

possibly have the camp message with the additional option of allowing the caller to continue calling the extension even if they are on the phone?

You can limit the number of "lines" for the extension to "1". Then that user will have only one call, no call waiting locally on the phone. That will make the PBX roll over to the camp on/mailbox immediately when that user is talking.

You can limit the number of "lines" for the extension to "1". Then that user will have only one call, no call waiting locally on the phone. That will make the PBX roll over to the camp on/mailbox immediately when that user is talking.

thank you for that idea, however will that limit the caller to one outbound call too?

please advise if there is any other ways to do this...

thank you for that idea, however will that limit the caller to one outbound call too?

please advise if there is any other ways to do this...

The other way of doing this would be disabling call waiting on the phone. Of course, that is a phone specific thing and you need to change it on the phone.

The other way of doing this would be disabling call waiting on the phone. Of course, that is a phone specific thing and you need to change it on the phone.

is there any other way to do this? or possibly even have a message show on the screen of the phone saying "Caller On Phone" this would seem to be a feature that most companies would be interested in...

is there any other way to do this? or possibly even have a message show on the screen of the phone saying "Caller On Phone" this would seem to be a feature that most companies would be interested in...

Well, SIP has it's own way of dealing with call waiting. Because there is no more "line" SIP wants to leave the decision about call waiting to the phone. It is debatable. I agree with you that the caller perception is not good right now. We need to keep that in mind. Calling a busy person multiple times is a productivity killer, it would be good to get better assistance from the PBX in this case.

At least we are able to emulate the physical line pretty well, talking about the one call limitation!

Well, SIP has it's own way of dealing with call waiting. Because there is no more "line" SIP wants to leave the decision about call waiting to the phone. It is debatable. I agree with you that the caller perception is not good right now. We need to keep that in mind. Calling a busy person multiple times is a productivity killer, it would be good to get better assistance from the PBX in this case.

At least we are able to emulate the physical line pretty well, talking about the one call limitation!

and i appreciate that but for this client this is a big deal and him being anal does not help matters at all!

any chance of a workaround in the near future?

and i appreciate that but for this client this is a big deal and him being anal does not help matters at all!

any chance of a workaround in the near future?

You can turn call waiting off on the phone, that should pretty much do what the client wants.

We could split the "Lines" up into inbound and outbound lines. However, I would say this will be a version 4 feature.