Huntgroup From Header

jlumby

Have a situation where I setup the huntgroup "From Header" to Group Name (Calling Party) The issue I am having is logically I would expect that the output on the phone would read:

Group name (Caller ID Name)

Caller ID number.

The problem is it shows:

Group Name (Caller ID Number)

Caller ID Number.

It seems illogical that the PBX would populate the parenthesis with the Caller ID number, and not the Caller ID Name since the number is duplicated in the next field. Can you shed some light on this, or create the more logical version as an option in the next release?

It seems illogical that the PBX would populate the parenthesis with the Caller ID number, and not the Caller ID Name since the number is duplicated in the next field. Can you shed some light on this, or create the more logical version as an option in the next release?

This was a kind of workaround because most phones display only the "From" information, but you want to see who is being called. In a perfect world, the SIP phone would do the job and display both from and to.