Limit Long distnace and Internation calls

Tom Waterman

I have a customer with about 50 phones and some of them are in break rooms and excersie room and other generally unsupervised areas. The supervisor wants to know if we can limit long distance and international calls on an extension level basis? Thanks for the help. I had no idea where to post this topic so if it needs to be moved please do so.

Tom

I have a customer with about 50 phones and some of them are in break rooms and excersie room and other generally unsupervised areas. The supervisor wants to know if we can limit long distance and international calls on an extension level basis? Thanks for the help. I had no idea where to post this topic so if it needs to be moved please do so.

Sure. You can assign a different dial plan for the extensions located in the public areas.

Sure. You can assign a different dial plan for the extensions located in the public areas.

OK, can you give me an example of how I would write a dial plan that would do what I need? By the way this customer uses 10 digit dialing. So they always Dial 1 + 10 digits. Thank you.

Tom

OK, can you give me an example of how I would write a dial plan that would do what I need? By the way this customer uses 10 digit dialing. So they always Dial 1 + 10 digits. Thank you.

Tom

Of course this is not a example. But should get you going...

• Open the Dial-Plans page under the domain
    Type a name under the "New Dial Plan" section, then click on "create"
    Then edit the newly created dial plan and add specific rules/dialplan entries
    Edit concerned extensions and assign this dial plan (from the drop-down)