ANI when forwarding

jlumby

Is there a way that when an extension is setup to forward that it can send the ANI of the extension, and not the caller that is being forwarded. In general I like it sending the original caller's ID, however I have 2 extensions that I would like to send the extension ANI so that the after hours answering service can determine which company it is coming from.

Is there a way that when an extension is setup to forward that it can send the ANI of the extension, and not the caller that is being forwarded. In general I like it sending the original caller's ID, however I have 2 extensions that I would like to send the extension ANI so that the after hours answering service can determine which company it is coming from.

That is going to be tricky.

The only thing that comes to my mind is to loop the request through the PBX to shake off the original caller-ID. Pretty dirty, IMHO not really worth thinking about it.

There is no time-of-day ANI representation, that part is clear!

• 6 months later...
That is going to be tricky.

The only thing that comes to my mind is to loop the request through the PBX to shake off the original caller-ID. Pretty dirty, IMHO not really worth thinking about it.

There is no time-of-day ANI representation, that part is clear!

Hi,

sorry to drag up such an old topic, but this is exactly what we have been trying to do for some time now. Could you elaborate on how one could achieve this? I have been trying to loop the call through the PBX to get rid of the original caller, but I cannot get it to work. Is there any other option since this post? Is this still possible by looping?

Duplicating the trunk (as nexSIP suggests) is not really an option, since we want to do this for ~ 10 different DID's. This would mean we would have to create 10 trunks, but our SIP provider only allows 2 registrations per account.

Thanks!

Hi,

sorry to drag up such an old topic, but this is exactly what we have been trying to do for some time now. Could you elaborate on how one could achieve this? I have been trying to loop the call through the PBX to get rid of the original caller, but I cannot get it to work. Is there any other option since this post? Is this still possible by looping?

Duplicating the trunk (as nexSIP suggests) is not really an option, since we want to do this for ~ 10 different DID's. This would mean we would have to create 10 trunks, but our SIP provider only allows 2 registrations per account.

Thanks!

Set the ANI on the extension, set the CID on the incoming trunk to no indication.

Set the ANI on the extension, set the CID on the incoming trunk to no indication.

This does not work. We have one SIP account, which has multiple DID numbers attached to it. When we set the ANI on the extension it works correctly when calling from the extension. However, when calls are forwarded / redirected, it does NOT use the extension ANI, but the SIP account name. This is not expected behaviour, well.. at least not wanted in our case.

All that we would like is some kind of a setting where we can choose how the FROM header is generated for redirection..

This does not work. We have one SIP account, which has multiple DID numbers attached to it. When we set the ANI on the extension it works correctly when calling from the extension. However, when calls are forwarded / redirected, it does NOT use the extension ANI, but the SIP account name. This is not expected behaviour, well.. at least not wanted in our case.

All that we would like is some kind of a setting where we can choose how the FROM header is generated for redirection..

Did you try all the CID types on the trunk? P aasterted, No Indication, etc., we had this requirement a while back and were able to change the CID type on our inbound trunk to acomplish this, we did have 2 trunks though 1 for in and 1 for out.

Did you try all the CID types on the trunk? P aasterted, No Indication, etc., we had this requirement a while back and were able to change the CID type on our inbound trunk to acomplish this, we did have 2 trunks though 1 for in and 1 for out.

Yep, tried that. We only have 1 trunk configured. What could the inbound / outbound trunk add to the picture? It doesn't change all that much. Fact will remain that it sends out our SIP account name, instead of a number. See codebox below, this is the invite the PBX makes when it starts a new call for the redirection.

Real:

INVITE sip:316148xxxxx@test.winitu.com SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.1.2.250:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-0cef403e1f3262153d574353882d0166;rport
From: "ocsproduction" <sip:ocsproduction@test.provider.com>;tag=852891320
To: <sip:316148xxxxxx@test.provider.com;user=phone>
Call-ID: 9415cdaa@pbx
CSeq: 2199 INVITE
Max-Forwards: 70
Supported: 100rel, replaces, norefersub
Allow-Events: refer
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, BYE, REFER, PRACK, INFO, UPDATE
Accept: application/sdp
User-Agent: pbxnsip-PBX/4.0.1.3438
Related-Call-ID: 1761cef4@pbx
Content-Type: application/sdp
Content-Length: 233

Instead of the sip:ocsproduction@test.provider.com, we want it to give the extension ANI, which is a DID. So e.g. FROM: <sip:0123456DID@test.provider.com>.

• 2 weeks later...