automatic dial after 10 digit number

pbxuser911

how do i set up that automatically after dialing 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx or xxx-xxx-xxxx it should place the call?

i only want it for calls that the 1st number is between 2 to 9 followed by xxxxxxxxx or the first number is 1 and the 2nd number is between 2 and 9 followed by xxxxxxxxx

I’m using a Polycom phone and having to hit send to dial is not so convenient

how do i set up that automatically after dialing 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx or xxx-xxx-xxxx it should place the call?

i only want it for calls that the 1st number is between 2 to 9 followed by xxxxxxxxx or the first number is 1 and the 2nd number is between 2 and 9 followed by xxxxxxxxx

Well how does the phone know you don't want to make an internal call? That's why the number has to start with a "1" so that the phone knows this will be a 10-digit number.

On old PBX systems, you had to use "9" to "seize the line". That is not neccessary in a digital world any more. Instead of using "9" and then potentially a "1" you can now use just the "1" to start dialling a 10-digit number.

so there is no way of telling the phone to handle it the way i want?

some of our customers have asked for this, they say its not easy to always have to have to press the send or dial button

Well, they don't have to. They can just start dialling with the "1" thats all.

Or tell them they should raise their hands if they ever used a cell phone!

if i dial a 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx and it doesn't automatically dial

That should work. Check the file provisioned by the pbx in the "generated" directory and look at the dial plan there. There should be a dial plan that takes the 11-digit number.

If the PBX provisions something else then check if you selected the right dial plan in the domain PnP settings.