DND notifications

Friedom-Tech

even with camp on when a caller turns on DND the caller gets no notification that the user has DND on...is there any plan to have the system notify the caller?

IMHO one of the points of DND is that the caller does not want to tell the caller that he or she is right now not willing to take calls. The caller should be in that foggy cloud of being busy or just not logged in.

(One of my biggest concerns about the whole presence hype is that people don't want to have other people spy on them what they are doing right now, called the "presence state".)

IMHO one of the points of DND is that the caller does not want to tell the caller that he or she is right now not willing to take calls. The caller should be in that foggy cloud of being busy or just not logged in.

(One of my biggest concerns about the whole presence hype is that people don't want to have other people spy on them what they are doing right now, called the "presence state".)

Hi,

on DND i happen to agree with you but when callers are on the line it is very difficult for INTERNAL users to know this.

i know for example with old fashioned nortel systems when somone is on the phone a popup will show on the screen of the caller saying line busy or on phone but the phone will still ring the person they originally dialed but at least they have the option to hang up knowing that the person they are trying to call is on the phone!