suggestion for a DECT system

penta s.r.l.

I'd need to buy a DECT system for a customer.

After the bad experience with C470IP phones, I'd need to be sure about which DECT phones have total compatibilty with pbxnsip.

Could you tell me wich products I could take into consideration??

Thank you.

--

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

I was wondering which problems / bad experience you are talking about.

Rudi

Hi Nicola,

I was wondering which problems / bad experience you are talking about.

Rudi

Hi Rudi,

the system I had problem with, included pbxnsip plus 2 C470IP, each with 2 C47H handsets.

The first problem is the compatibility with the pbx.

You cannot use the R key to hold ora transfer a call, your only option (AFAIK) is to use the Options->External menu and then send to pbxnsip the correct extension. To transfer the call, again Options->Transfer (!?)

This way to work slows down the employes a lot.. apart from that the phone (or its display) itself is really slow, you are always waiting for it.

The base is operating like a small pbx.. you can easily transfer calls between handsets registered within the same base, but the interaction with other handsets registered on other bases is difficult (like explained before)

The C470IP can (theorically) sustain 2 VOIP calls at the same time, so I configured 2 VOIP profiles on each base and assigned a profile to each handset.

So, why in the world is extension 40 busy, if 41 is speaking? :-)

Anyway we have solved.

I decided to try the old DECT (always Siemens) phones coupled with LinkSys PAP2.

They work! They are fast and the employes are happy.

Maybe those C470IP can be integrated with pbxnsip and all these problems are due to my lacking of knowledge.

Anyway is just my experience, and hopely it will be helpful to others.

bye.

--

Nicola

with the DECT phone your using with the ATA, can you transfer calls from one handset to another?

how many calls can you take on one device? how many callers can you put on hold?

i am looking for a good dect phone for a client, they have used the aastra and are very unhappy

with the DECT phone your using with the ATA, can you transfer calls from one handset to another?

Sure, using pbxnsip transfer not the transfer offered by the base.

Consider that we have 4 bases and 4 handsets.

how many calls can you take on one device? how many callers can you put on hold?

I haven't tried to use more than one call, so I cannot give you any hint on this.. sorry.

i am looking for a good dect phone for a client, they have used the aastra and are very unhappy

I don't know if this could be a good solution for you, anyway I solved my problems with C470IP.

I'm evaluating the snom m3, and I opened a topic asking info about it.

Bye

--

Nicola

Sure, using pbxnsip transfer not the transfer offered by the base.

Consider that we have 4 bases and 4 handsets.

I haven't tried to use more than one call, so I cannot give you any hint on this.. sorry.

I don't know if this could be a good solution for you, anyway I solved my problems with C470IP.

I'm evaluating the snom m3, and I opened a topic asking info about it.

Bye

--

Nicola

Hi Guys we have tested the polycom Kirk phone with the pbxnisip, very reliable and easy to set up

here is a link to there product.

http://www.polycom.com/products/voice/wire...20_handset.html

does it work using HTTP Provisioning?

Plug N Play?

no it does not support pnp, I configure the phones in my lab, they are pretty easy to use, all done on the web portal server.

when you register a kirk it will send out a signal with it registration number, then this number will be display on the web portal

you will configure the extension there.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi Guys we have tested the polycom Kirk phone with the pbxnisip, very reliable and easy to set up

Hamlet,

What did you use for the "base station" ?

What kind of range did you see?

We need to get rugged phones and 1/4mi range.

tx

matt

Hi Hamlet,

thanks for sharing your positive experience.

Did you also try the KIRK 2010 Handset?? 5020 is quite expensive. O:-)

--

Nicola

Absolutely...the m3 is NOT made for a warehouse.

(teeny buttons and so light...just my thot there)

And I'll admit as much as a fan of snom I am i do not like the snom m3 firmware...kinda troublamatic in comparison to snom 3xx series.

Maybe the new snom m9 will fix this issue? I hope.

http://www.snom.com/en/products/snom-m9-sip-dect-ip-phone/

-Looks like it has real buttons?

-and it is going to have true snom firmware

Snom should have something a bit rugged too.

Matt

moishe,

Do you have a rugged wifi phone you like?

tx

matt

If you are looking for real rugged warehouse class device go with Motorola MC70 or MC75.

Alot of warehouse guys like engenius phones, I have not been able to get the SIP version, so I sometimes use fxs gateways for them.

You can also look at at Unidata and Polycom specralink, although not fully rugged, they are not cheap quality.

If you are looking for real rugged warehouse class device go with Motorola MC70 or MC75.

Alot of warehouse guys like engenius phones, I have not been able to get the SIP version, so I sometimes use fxs gateways for them.

You can also look at at Unidata and Polycom specralink, although not fully rugged, they are not cheap quality.

Hey, I have a motorola mc70 sitting on my desk. (data collector). That doesn't come with a sip phone does it?

does the mc75?

thanks for all the good input.

matt

Hey, I have a motorola mc70 sitting on my desk. (data collector). That doesn't come with a sip phone does it?

does the mc75?

thanks for all the good input.

matt

As far as I remember from training there are 2 versions one sip and the other h.323. Unless I am confusing with the CA50, as I do see that with a sip and h.323 version, all that says on the mc 70 datasheet is VOIP ready.