a prospect that is a fax-machine addict

mattlandis

I have a small prospect/suspect that is a fax machine addict. Mitel was touting "net faxing". Faxing from one fax machine in house to another fax machine....i suspect via an ATA that is t.38 or something...

Anyone know if this will work solidly? I would probably use the Patton MATA...

Of course they want to "share the pstn line with the fax machine" senario too...hmmm

matt

I have a small prospect/suspect that is a fax machine addict. Mitel was touting "net faxing". Faxing from one fax machine in house to another fax machine....i suspect via an ATA that is t.38 or something...

Anyone know if this will work solidly? I would probably use the Patton MATA...

Of course they want to "share the pstn line with the fax machine" senario too...hmmm

matt

t.38 with faxing works, although you do have issues now and then, also make sure the ITSP's support t.38.

Actually I saw recently that some vendors (e.g. AudioCodes) supports a standard called "HTTPS".... Seems like this will bypass all audio channels and just post the fax on a central server. Apart from being out of the loop (which we obviously like a lot) this has the advantage that the FAX can now be encrypted (T.38 is unencrypted). For sending documents over the Internet that is IMHO an important feature.

• 2 months later...
Yea faxback.com is beta testing these new ATA's. I will have a unit next week. the fax is received on the ATA and sent HTTPS to the faxback server.

who would have thought TCP faxing.. hello :)

We're also doing the Faxback as well. Personally I am excited about the inclusion of the software on the AC202's instead of using the FMIS software. Windows updates kills the service continuously as you probably have encountered.

I currently have great success with T.38 faxing using both Audio Codes 20x and also Linksys SPA2102. We prefer not to do T.38 faxing to free up call overall capacity.