CISCO 7960 not provisioning

mariotelephone

I was able to get my Cisco 7960 to register with the PBX by copying the SIP<MAC>.cnf sample file with a change to the correct IP address. When I changed things in the PBX, like the name etc..., the phone would not update. In other words, it still said CHRIS on the screen (from the sample cnf file). I tried a few things, including eliminating the SIP<mac>.cnf from the tftp directory and nothing worked. Finally, I factory reset the phone. When I re-booted, it could not find the config file. It is in the directory and I can edit it to verify the content. But the tftp log (I'm using pumpkin) showed "file not found"

I removed and then re-installed PBXnSIP (funny, it kept my configuration). But no change. Help! My phone now says "Phone unprovisioned" When does PBXnSIP create the config file and where does it put it? Why does my phone not change when I make changes in the PBX? By the way, my MAC is 003094C443AD...

I was able to get my Cisco 7960 to register with the PBX by copying the SIP<MAC>.cnf sample file with a change to the correct IP address. When I changed things like the name etc..., the phone would not update. In other words, it still said CHRIS on the screen (from the sample cnf file). I tried a few things, including eliminating the SIP<mac>.cnf from the tftp directory and nothing worked. Finally, I factory reset the phone. When I re-booted, it could not find the config file. It is in the directory and I can edit it to verify the content. But the tftp log (I'm using pumpkin) showed "file not found"

I removed and then re-installed PBXnSIP (funny, it kept my configuration). But no change. Help! My phone now says "Phone unprovisioned" When does PBXnSIP create the config file and where does it put it? Why does my phone not change when I make changes in the PBX? By the way, my MAC is 003094C443AD...

couple of questions before the answer -

1. what version of the pbx are you using?

2. are using the http://pbxnsipsupport.com/index.php?_m=kno...kbarticleid=399 as the reference?

If you have the DHCP server setup to provide the tftp server address (options 66) as the PBX address and the cisco phone is doing the DHCP, then the phone should contact the PBX after the reboot. So make sure that the CISCO firmware files are kept in the 'tftp' folder. Also, under the extension->registration tab, set the mac address of the phone (bind to mac address field).

If the above conditions are satisfied, then the PBX should generate the provisioning files under <pbx working dir>/generated/<domain>/<extension>