Jump to content

issues with max_loop


pbxuser911
 Share

Recommended Posts

Client requested to have 3 hunt groups, because he wants 9 steps before a number reaches final destination (his answering service)

So I set it up that final destination of the first hunt group is to the 2nd, 2nd to the 3rd, 3rd to final destination (answering service), only to realize that the call hangs up after about 7 or 8 steps, and in the log file I get too many loops

 

I did set the max_loop on the PBX_XML to 30, why is it still hanging up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Client requested to have 3 hunt groups, because he wants 9 steps before a number reaches final destination (his answering service)

So I set it up that final destination of the first hunt group is to the 2nd, 2nd to the 3rd, 3rd to final destination (answering service), only to realize that the call hangs up after about 7 or 8 steps, and in the log file I get too many loops

 

I did set the max_loop on the PBX_XML to 30, why is it still hanging up?

 

Well maybe you really have somehow created a loop. 30 redirections before locating the final destination is extremly long. I would not set such a high value, there must be something wrong in the setup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

is this a bug or a error on my end?

like i said before, i did change the max_loop to 100, and i still get the error, in the previous post i uploaded a jpeg file of what the hunt groups in question look like

 

the call comes into a AA and when pressing option 1 it goes to the 1st hunt group and then you can see the rest of the pattern

but after 1 Minute and 22 seconds approximately, i get disconnected

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I set up on a different domain the a setup which also goes from hunt group 1 with 3 stages and final destination to hunt group 2 with 3 stages and final destination to hunt group 3 with 3 stages and final destination is an external number and it worked fine as long as that when the auto attendant answers i manually type in the first hunt groups account number,

but if when the auto attendant answer i select option 7 which is the "user input" field and the "destination" is the first hunt group, then it disconnects the call after 1 minute and 20 seconds and the log file says "Too many redirection loops"

 

the customer is already waiting for 24 hours with this issue, how long could it take to get resolved? I'm thinking instead of adding 1 hunt group to go into another hunt group to go into another hunt group etc

is it possible to have a + button after the first 3 stages and it will allow me to add another stage, then pressing + will allow another stage this way i can add 9 stages and keep it all in 1 hunt group?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

so the call comes into the AA, you press 1 (which is the user input) which goes to a hunt group (lets say 70) that has 3 stages, then the final stage goes to hunt group 2 which also have 3 stages and final stage goes to hunt group 3 whioch also has 3 stages and the final destination is an external number

what version do you run in the lab?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

is it something im doing wrong? am i missing something?

i followed very simple steps and i cant get it working

the call disconnects due to loops

 

Is this a trunk call? Did you try calling from an extension? (We tried both local call and the trunk call here. Both worked. Only thing that was not tried was multiple registration on each extension). May be you should force 1 registration per extension for the testing purposes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just tested again with only 1 registration per Extension

the call still disconnects

 

I call from my cell phone a customer’s DID which is being answered by an Auto Attendant, it gives me a few options (for example 1 for sales, 2 for the operator etc) i choose 1 which is set on the auto attendant to go to a Hunt group that I explained earlier, still the call will disconnect

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To me it looks like this fails every time on the last step which is calling the cell number.

 

shot in the dark is to not use Internet Explorer and change that last cell phone number from (978)788-7888 to 9787887888. IE likes to change the format and that I have seen cause issues.

 

just a suggestion that might be causing it to route wrong.

 

Firefox/Chrome work great. I dont use IE with pbxnsip anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the (xxx)xxx-xxxx format is not the issue here

When i call the customer and instead of pressing 1 whioch takes me to hunt group 020, if i type in 020 it will work just fine

again, the only time im having this issue is when i from the AAIVR choose 1 which takes me to Hunt group 020

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...